Chapter.35.

Rebel POV

"I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart"

"No, please. Leave him be. He did nothing. It's me you want right?" I asked crying.

"I just want to be the one you love, love, love, love"

"Sam!!

2 months before

Rebel POV

I woke up and felt the bed empty. I looked over and seen that Sam left. I wonder why he does that. Leave before I wake up. I rubbed my face and looked at the time. 8 a.m. I have to be at work at 9 to open. I flopped my head on the pillow. Maybe i can call in. No, you can't avoid Ghost all the time. I let out a sigh and got out of bed and got read. I threw on a pair of  black leggings, boots, and a random hoodie. I brushed my hair and put it in a ponytail. Grabbed my phone and bag and left the house. I got in my car and before I left I called Robert to tell him I was leaving and to watch the house. Then i backed out and left.

(skip car ride)

I pulled into the shop and seen that Ghost was not here yet. I parked my car in the back and went inside. I unlocked the door and went in. I turned on the light and gasped. There on the floor was Ghost passed out with a liquor bottle. I dropped my things and ran to him. 

"Ghost? Hey wake up." i said. 

Nothing. Not a single movement. 

"I'm sorry for this," I said.

I raised my hand a slapped him. He jerked up and fell out of my lap.

"Morning sunshine,"I said getting up.

"Where am I?" he asked. 

"At work," I said giving a(n) advil and a glass of water to him.

"Thanks," He mumbled and took it. 

I got up and picked up all the liquor bottles and threw them away.

"You shouldn't drink at your workplace. It's not setting a good example for the new person," I said clocking in.

"Yeah, Yeah," he said.

I turned on the open sign and cleaned off the counter. I straightened all the records and turned around. Ghost looked like shit. I grabbed my keys behind the counter and threw it to him. He caught them and looked at me weird.

"You reek. I have some clothes and cologne in my car. Go out there and look presentable," i said.

He said nothing and left. I knew he wasn't going to say sorry. I ain't going to say anything. I like stuff just to float away. I don't like to bring up shit unless necessary. My phone went off and i looked at it. It was from Sam,I smiled and opened it.

Sam: Hey why is Ghost in your car?

Me: Why are you watching me? 

Sam: To make sure your ok and won't get stalked. 

Me: Aw how considerate of you. <3

Sam: You still haven't answered my question.

Me: He got drunk here and he looked like shit. So i told him I had some stuff in my car that he could use to look better.

Sam: You shouldn't be helping someone who hurt you.

Me: Don't even go there, Mr. I came back from the dead.

Sam: I'm getting off here.

Me: That's what i thought. 

I got off my phone as Ghost walked in. He looked a lot better.

"You feeling ok?'' I asked

"Yea I am," he said. 

After that we didn't say anything to each other all day. We avoided the topic at all costs. When Veronica came in i went to the back and stood in there till she was gone.  Went back to my work and we didn't talk again. All that was heard in the store was the music that was playing. It was at the end of the night. I clocked out and got ready to leave.j

"Where are you going?" Ghost asked me.

"Leaving. I have some important matter to take care of. Don't worry I already told the boss and he said it was fine and that you can close," I said. 

"Maybe I didn't want to close," he said.

I turned around and looked at him.

"Don't even start with me Ghost. Don't fucking even," I said and left. 

I got into my car. But after i turned it on i got out and went to the passenger side. Couple minutes later Sam got in the driver's seat and pulled out before anybody could see him. I looked out the window and watched the scenery pass by.

"What's wrong?" Sam asked grabbing my hand.

"Nothing. Just a bad day at work. On top of that, i'm not prepared to hear the kids yell at me for having Robert watch the house. Though i am really considering hiring some security guards," I said. 

"That would be a lot safe or you can just install security cameras and look at them," he said.

"That seems a lot more easier," I said.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and fell asleep. 

Hey guys. Kinda filler chapter nothing major. I just wanted to put something out for you guys. This would have been out sooner, but i was dealing with a love crisis. All i'm saying unrequited love sucks. Especially if its the same gender. anyways see ya.