Chapter.26.

Rebel POV

When i walked in everyone was looking at me. You seen the worst criminals in the state and your looking at me?

"Take a picture it'll last longer," i said walking up to the counter.

"How can i help you today miss?"  the officer asked.

"Yes, i was wondering if Detective Ramirez was in?" i asked.

"um, he should be here any minute. If you would like to wait, i can put you into a room," she suggested.

"That would great," i said.

She escorted me to the same room that i was before. I looked at my watch. 340. This guy needs to hurry up. I pulled out my phone and  pulled up the picture that i took of the bullet hole. A couple minutes later Detective Ramirez walked through the door.

"You wanted to talk to me?" he asked sitting down.

"Yes, who worked on the crime scene?" i asked.

"I ain't allowed to tell you," he said.

"Well, whoever was working the case forgot to mention a piece of evidence to me," i said.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"I happen to go back to the crime scene, just to check everything. When i found this," I showed him the picture.

"Either one of your officers forgot or were paid off not to say anything," i said.

"Are you sure it wasn't there before?" he asked.

"No, because when i was on the ground my gun was pointed in that direction. That proves that i did not shoot, which means that I did not kill Sam," i said.

"I do't know they may look it over,but i dont know," he said.

"What i want to find out who is the cop that was paid off," i said.

"I'll try to find out. But if we do find him or her this will go to court. Basically this will be your get out of jail card," he said.

"Would it be alright if i send you somebody that i know is an expert of finding things?" i asked him.

"Hmm, i could use the extra help. Alright," he said.

"Thank you so much. Now i got to go back to work. See ya," i said.

I walked out of the station and head to my car. When i was about to unlock my car somebody landed a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and punched them in the gut. I looked up and it was Detective Ramirez.

"Nice punch," he wheezed out clutchig his stomach.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry," i said.

"Its alright.I should have said something," he said. 

"Did you need something?" i asked him.

"Yea. You forgot your phone," he said as he handed me it.

"Oh, i must have forgotten it. Thank you," i said.

"Your welcome. Let me get that for you," he said.

He opened my door.

"Thank you," i said and got in.

We said our goodbyes and he closed my door. I put my seat belt on and  drove off. 

(30 minutes later) 

I parked my car in the back and got out of the car. I walked into the shop and saw Ghost organizing some CDs. 

"I'm back," i said as i clocked in.