Chapter.21.

Rebel POV

You know what one thing I don't like about children? They interrupt you at the worst timing ever.  So Sam and I were making out on my bed naked when one of the kids knocked on the door.

"Rebel, its Becky? Are you busy? I need help with this history homework" She asked.

"Um, give me an sec. I just got out of the shower," I said.

I lightly pushed Sam off of me and Grabbed my robe.

"What am I supposed to do?" Sam asked.

"Hm, hide in the bathroom or the closet. It won't be that long " I said.

When I turned around he was already in the bathroom. I looked on the ground and saw that he took his clothes with him to the bathroom. I shoved my clothes under my bed.

I went to my door,  fixed my hair and opened it.

"Sorry to disturb you " Becky said.

"No, it's alright. I wasn't doing anything important.  Come in," I said as I opened the door more.

We sat on my bed and I helped her with her homework. As I was reading a question she asked me something.

"I hope this isn't insensitive,  but how do you cope with the loss of Sam?"

I dropped her book and I hear something clatter in the bathroom. Oh fuck.

"What was that? " she asked.

"I left my phone in the bathroom. It probably fell," I said.

I took a deep breath and thought about the question. How did I cope cope with the loss of Sam? Pretend he's not alive.

"Well, in my closet at the very back there is a shelf. When Sam would come over and to hang out or stay the night, he would always leave his clothes and hoodies here.
I stored them there and every so often I'll go get a tshirt or a hoodie and put it on. It gives me some sort of comfort," I said.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked," she said.

"No, it's alright to be curious. I mean you are living with a person who is getting charged with manslaughter, " I said loudly so Sam could hear.

"Nah, I just look at it as a girl who defended not only herself, but defended her family. People only judge on what they see," she said

"Yea," I said.

We finished her homework and she left. As soon as I locked the door, Sam was already out of the bathroom.

"Was it necessary to say manslaughter that loud?" He asked sitting on the bed.

"Yes it was. Now since she's gone we need to talk," I said.

"About what?" He asked lying down on his back.

"I am getting convicted of manslaughter because I "killed" you. Which obviously I didnt," I said.

"Technically you did shoot me," he said.

"Technically,  you tried to kill me, Andy, and my dad. It also doesn't help that you were told to kill me by Alpha," i said.

"I only did it because she threatened to hurt my dad and Paige," he said.

"Well, why didn't you say that?" I asked.

"Because when I failed to hurt you, she gave me another chance. That concert was my chance," he said..

I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. I went into my closet and grabbed an oversized shirt and some shorts. When the shirt fell and I went to pick it up something came back to me.

"You didnt shoot me,"

Wait, I felt the back of my neck and found what felt like little scabs in the form of a circle. Then it all came back. Sam drugged me. I threw on my clothes and stormed out of my closet. He was sitting up on the bed. I walked up to him and slapped him across the face.

"How fucking dare you drug me?" I asked him angrily.

"I had to. I was scared that You would tell someone and then Alpha will find out. Believe it or not Rebel, Alpha has connections with bad people," he said solemnly.

"Wait, I remember some thing. You said I didnt shoot you. So, who did?" I asked.

"Come on. I'll show you. Grab your car keys," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just do it. Please," he said.

"Fine," I said.

I grabbed my tennis shoes. I grabbed my keys and we snuck downstairs. You know you never imagined that you have to sneak out of your own house.

I grabbed Sam's hand and we gently went down the stairs. I opened the door and we went outside. I unlocked the car and threw the keys to Sam.

"I dont know where we are going, but your going to drive," I said and got into the car.

He started the car and drove.

(Skipping the car ride)

You know, I thought he would take me to the woods, lake or something. But no, we went where the Van's warped was held.

We got out of the car and went to the site that was marked off with police tape.

"Sam, what are we doing here?" I asked.

"Just, come on," he said and grabbed my hand.

We snuck under the tape and went in where the stage was. He told me to go stand on the spot that I shot him.  When I got there he went where he was.

"You see, when you thought I was going to shoot your father and you jumped in front of him (A/N I actually dont remember who she jumped in front of) I was actually shooting Ethan that was behind your dad. At the last minute I changed my mind and tried to shoot Ethan.
You jumped in the way. I was trying to tell Ashley to move but, he didnt listen. When you thought you shot me you didnt. It was Ethan. I can prove it to you," he said.

He went to the nearest wood. I went over and saw him pointing. I looked and it was a bullet hole, it was marked with a sticky note. Wait a minute.

"Hold the fuck on. Oh my god. The police knew I didnt hit you. No wonder that investigator wrote that on the file," I said.

"I dont know what your talking about, but that's what happened, " he said.

We just stood there awkwardly.  Then it hit me. I grabbed his hand and headed to the car.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"Your fathers,"

Hey guys. It's been a long time. I'm so sorry. Anywho serious question, would you guys like adh leaving the band in the story? See ya