Chapter.32.

Rebel POV

"Have a nice night," I told the customer as he walked out.

I looked at the time and it was 9. Time to leave. I walked around the counter and went to the door. I locked the door and turned off the open sign. I straightened up all the albums, CDs, drum sticks, guitars, bases, and guitar wire. I went to the register and began counting the till. After that I processed all the credit cards and wrote everything down.  I put all the information in the correct places. I grabbed the vacuum and vacuumed the whole shop. I grabbed my phone and bag. I shut off all the lights and grabbed todays trash. I walked out the backdoor and locked it. I went to the trash bin and threw the trash in there.  

I walked to my car and got in. I put on my seatbelt, turned on the car, and left work. As I was driving I kept thinking about Ghost. Why didn't he come in today? Maybe he was sick? No, he seemed fine last night? Did he get hurt? Now your just over thinking. I shook my head and continued driving home. It's not your place to worry Rebel. He's a grown adult. Maybe you should give him a call. Yea. At the stop light i dialed the number on my car pad and hit called. It rang for a few minutes and then he picked up.

 R=Rebel G= Ghost 

G: Hello?

R: Hey Ghost it's Rebel.

G: Hey Rebel what's up?

R:I was just calling to see if you were alright. Since you didn't come into work.

G: Work? Fuck. I totally forgot I work today. I'm sorry.

R: It's fine. It's not like the boss checks the camera. We weren't busy so its no biggie.

G: True, he doesn't. But thank you. It totally slipped my mind.

R: It's no biggie. It happens. Don't sweat. I thought you got sick or something and that nobody didn't tell me.

G: No. Today was V-Veronica's birthday and I was busy planwing that and work just slipped my mind.

R: You know you should have just called in or give the boss a notice that you need this day off.

G: I get it! It won't happen again sir.

R: Are you drunk?

G: No. N-NNNot at alll captain.

R: Did yo seriously skipped work to drink?

G: Why are you being a b-bitch? L-Last I check, you weren't my boss.

R: Listen here. Don't you dare call me a bitch. I could have told the boss that you didn't come in at all and you didn't notified any of us. I protected your ass.

G: What makes you think you capable of protecting me? *laughs* That's the best joke ever! How can you save me, when you couldn't even save Sam? Better yet, you couldn't save your friendships or relationships. *laughs*

I froze. It was silent.

R: Have a nice night Ryan.

G: Rebel-I 

I ended the call. How dare he call me a bitch?! I pulled into a nearby park and turned off the car. I punched my steering wheel and yelled. I was breathing heavily. I got out of the car and sat by the lake that was there. I looked around and no one was here. It didn't surprise me, who would come to a park at night? 

I looked at the water and replayed Ghost's words over and over and over. "You couldn't save your friendships or your relationships". He was right i couldn't save my friendships or relationships. What am i good for? I felt a prescience next to me and i could tell by the scent that it was Sam.