Chapter 29

Excuse mistakes
_____________

Happiness brings about good health, good relationships, and overall a good life. Sometimes happiness comes with sacrifice and both Adrienne and Diane were willing to sacrifice everything for what they thought would hold peace. Peace didn't dwell in their lives. Instead chaos rang through it causing a piercing feeling in their hearts and mind and they can't stop it without one another so there must be a compromise. In reality there is no compromise either Adrienne gets what she wants or Diane get what she wants. Today was the day for all of this to be settled in court.

Adrienne was at the stove making simple breakfast for herself; toast, scrambled eggs, and bacon. Even though she was not feeling a hundred percent, she made a point to try and eat. She wiped the counters while her bacon was frying and stared out the window, thinking.

" Babe...Babe"

Adrienne snapped out her strance and turned her attention to Derek, who had just got done with his daily work out.

" Sorry" she said softly as she quickly took the bacon off the burner and turned off the stove before it burned.

" You okay?" Derek asked concerned as he got closer to her.

" Yeah...Umm... I made you a protein shake, it's in the freezer" she spoke as she put her food onto a plate. She could feel Derek's eyes on her but she ignored it and continued moving around.

" I already ate and stuff babe" Derek said as he looked at all the food she made. He knew for sure that she was not paying attention to how much she was making but he figured she was nervous about going to court. " It's okay though. I'll eat again and save the shake for later"

Adrienne nodded in agreement as she made Derek a plate. While they sat at the kitchen island to eat things remained quiet between the two. Adrienne didn't feel like talking and Derek was trying to figure out a way to ease her mind. Adrienne tossed and turned the majority of the night. Derek tried everything to make sure she was good leaving them both restless.

" No matter what happens, you still got me you know that right?" Derek asked as he placed his fork down and placed his hand on Adrienne's leg to comfort her.

Still choosing not to speak, Adrienne nodded then gave his hand a squeeze as a response. Derek took that as a sign that she was listening and continued on reassure her and telling her sweet things to her.

Although she was listening, her focus was on the sudden discomfort her stomach. It seemed like her stomach was doing back flips as her mouth began to sour and the urge to spew out her somewhat overcooked meal. Adrienne bolted out of her seat practically pushing Derek out the way to get to the bathroom. She began to gag while running at what felt like a long journey to the nearest bathroom but managed to make it to the toilet in time. Derek was right behind her not missing a beat as he collected her hair into his hands so it wouldn't get caught in the disgusting mess. Derek grimaced at the disturbing sounds of his lover but remained in support.

When the nauseated feeling began to subdue, she got up embarrassed at what transpired.

" You alright?"

Adrienne grabbed a fresh toothbrush from under the cabinet since they were in the guest bathroom downstairs.

" Yeah. I don't know what that came from but I feel a little better. I feel disgusting so I'm going to take another shower. Might as well get ready after that."

Adrienne did exactly as she said she was going to do making her grow even more anxious about today.

_________