Chapter 39

Your Girl directed her first play by herself in the middle of finals. I am so proud of myself. I did not want to do a christmas play this year but my pastor insisted. I'm glad I did nonetheless. Now I can focus on the holidays, moving into my apartment, and my new beginnings.

Happy Holidays Everyone !!!

I know I changed Derek dad name like million times but I'm settled on making him senior.

Enjoy

Derek

" You are fighting lazy, man. Keep your hands up. " Derek's dad, Derek senior, coached as he knelt down to be eye level with his son. The crowd in the off the wall gym roared as they waited for the minute break in between rounds were over.

" How am I fighting lazy? Look at him and look at me. I'm not the one all bloody."

" Blood doesn't matter son. It's all about the technique. This is only round 2 out 6 rounds. Slow down and keep your hands up. You might think your tough but if he catch you with a power punch and knock your know it all ass out then maybe you'll learn"

Derek shrugged off what his father said as he began to tune out everything as he thought about Adrienne. For the past two days he's been dying to hear her voice and to hold her. Derek immediately called his father after driving hours on end after leaving Adrienne alone. He needed a distraction. He wanted to kill the people who've hurt her but he had no where to start other than to hire a private investigator and to hire a set of bodyguards to protect Adrienne if she wasn't at home or with him. It seems like a lot but Derek couldn't sit around waiting for Adrienne to crack.

Although there was somewhat of a plan in place, there was a problem. He didn't have the money to hire an investigator, hire bodyguards, save money for their summer trip he promised, and be able to live comfortably in his house. He underestimated the cost of the legal fees he took on when taking Adrienne's mom to court. Besides he was betting on having a continuous business relationship with his lawyer Mr. Davidson but that obviously didn't workout when Mr. Davidson felt offended with how Derek spoke to him. Derek didn't really care much, Mr. Davidson was getting on his nerves anyway. What makes matters worse he wouldn't reap the benefits of his investments until later in the year.

The only way he could get out of this was to fight his way out which he felt like he has been doing all his life. This is what he was doing now...Fighting. Derek went back to his roots of boxing. So far he has fought five different matches in the last two days for money. These underground amateur fights weren't necessarily legal but all the greats have done it, including his father, Derek sr.

Derek sr. was happy to hear from his son. Grant it Derek sr. was the one to give Derek Jr. the ultimatum of playing either football or boxing in exchange for Derek's inheritance. He didn't mean for this dispute to go as long as it did but he wanted his son to realize what he was throwing his life away for.

All Derek could think about was Adrienne as the bell rang signaling that the next round was about to begin. Whoever won this fight was going to fight the previous winner for a cash prize. Honestly he wanted to get all this over with because all he wanted to do was see his love. The other night he slept in his car down the street from her house. Like an idiot he didn't call but he won't make that mistake again.

" Fight." the bootleg ref shouted letting the clock start.

" Alright let's end this."

Derek walked his opponent down trying to get close so he could fire off punches in hopes of landing one to knock him out but his opponent was light on his feet dodging the walk down. Derek made some solid punches but despite the blood that dripped from his opponents brow he was unfazed. His opponent landed some punches too but they felt like taps to Derek as he maneuvered.