Chapter 38

We are 3.31k reads!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You! I love you guys!

Enjoy.

A couple of nights have passed since Diane told Adrienne about what happened between her and Joe. In those nights Adrienne hasn't slept much for fear of closing her eyes and reimagining the nightmare. She had made up her mind that now wasn't a good time to say anything about what happened to her. She didn't care to say much of anything if it meant her mother would be okay.

Jason and Diane were just coming from the hospital. Diane was finally released after being in the hospital for 3 days. Doctors wanted to make sure she was stable before allowing her to leave, resulting in her being released so late in the night. They almost made her wait till morning but sweet Nurse Angela put in a word for her.

" It's so good to be home." Diane said softly as she took in the familiarity and the comfort of her home.

" I'm happy you're home too, baby." As he quietly walked further in the house with her things in his hands.

The kids were in their respective rooms sleeping peacefully leaving the house as quiet as a mouse. The couple made it into their way up the stairs. It took them ages to get there because Jason wanted her to take things slow as if she couldn't walk normally.

Jason went into their room to put their things away while Diane went to go check on their babies. She checked on Charity and the twins first before going into Adrienne's room. Adrienne was up at her desk with her text books open. Her head was in her hands as she tried to stay up. Baby Jace was in her bed sound asleep. Diane walked over to Adrienne and combed through Adrienne's hair with her hands.  Adrienne's eyes sholted open as she stretched and yawned while looking at her mother.

" It's almost midnight," Diane said while closing the textbook that was open in front of Adrienne.

"I have a test in the morning." Adrienne tried to make an excuse as to why she was studying so late. She looked over at baby Jace and gestured towards his sleeping frame. " He was fussy so I gave him little milk to calm him down. Mama Rose said she will be back in the morning."

Diane picked up Jace in her arms making Adrienne's eyes practically bulge out her sockets as she scolded her mother " Ma I got him. I'll put him to bed. You shouldn't be carrying anything heavy."

Adrienne rushed over to help her just for Jason coming in to beat her to it. " Tell her again Adri" Jason cosided grabbing Jace from her.

Adrienne has since apologized to Jason for how she acted before and Jason apologized as well for being out of place. Even though he was seen as a father to the younger ones he does not have a relationship with Adrienne in that way. He should have had Diane address it even though his points were valid. However the two have agreed to start fresh by making clear that Jason was there for Adrienne if she ever needs him and Adrienne promised to be more respectful.

"Y'all acting like im handicapped, I am fine." Diane giggled at the two but digressed as she put on her serious momma face." Adrienne, go to sleep, baby. You Yawning every 2 seconds it seems like. You won't be any good for this test if you're tired."

Adrienne didn't argue as she got in bed for the sake of her mother being in the room. She planned on getting up as soon as she left to busy herself with something else. There was no point in studying anyway, it wasn't like she can focus in school...when she's there. Everyone seemed to be a suspect making her incredibly paranoid. When Derek said she wouldn't be seeing him, he meant it. Adrienne hadn't seen or heard from him since furthering her paranoia.

Diane kissed Adrienne on her forehead and wished her a goodnight. Instantly, Adrienne grew extremely comfortable at the touch as the bed hugged her tight. Sleep came to her with ease as her breathing evened out and her anxiety mellowed.