Chapter 4

I made the volleyball team! I was so excited, I couldn't wait until practice started. The day after I found out I made sure to pack my gym bag with all of my volleyball gear. Later that day I even tried to call my dad. Although he did not answer, I was able to leave him a message and told him about the great news.

My excitement was short lived because my mother decided it was a good idea to go out tonight. AGAIN!

"Adrienne, I'm going out tonight so you'll have to watch your brothers and sister for me" She told me.

"Why do I have to watch them?" I questioned with attitude.

Mom stopped what she was doing and glared at me.

"Because I said so" She fumed. "and I suggest you watch your tone when you talk to me, little girl" She added staring me down cold.

I shifted my weight to my left side and rolled my eyes as if my tone didn't matter. Sometimes I hate it when my mom will leave me with the little brats. They never listen to me. And if they break something I get in trouble for it. Now that baby Jace is here, my work is double the trouble. I guess I should get used to it, because she is going to do is keep having babies.

After mom left they went crazy. They were like monkeys climbing up the walls. Jace wouldn't stop crying, the twins were wrestling and Charity wouldn't stop complaining.

"Can you please shut up" I shouted at Charity. I heard something break and I just lost it.

I grabbed them one by one and tied them up with jumping rope and tied their hands with their shoe laces. Their talking and screaming got on my nerves so I tapped their mouths.

Cruel? Maybe. But if I didn't do something than I would have surely loose my mind

I picked up Baby Jace and tried to put him to sleep. I was successful an hour later. Even the ones that were tied up were sleep. When my mom came home she took one look at my tied up siblings and was pissed.

Once again they are about to get away with it. As if on cue the little spawns woke up with the theatrics.

" They're the ones who broke the vase and put a hole in the wall."

" And that gives you the right to tie them up?"mom yelled.

" what do you want me to do? I can't spank them and I can't yell at them. If I let them do what they want and they break something than its my fault." I explained getting frustrated.

At this point I just wanted to crawl under a rock and cry.

" You're almost 16, Adrienne. You need to learn more responsibility." mom said as she untied Michael and Marcus.

Charity started whining complaining about how sore her wrists were.

" You could have seriously hurt them." mom yelled.

" There not my kids" I caught myself yelling at my mom and I held breath waiting to see how she would react.

" Just go Adrienne. Go" Mom waved me off.

" mom I..."

" Go Adrienne before I do something i just might regret."

I ended up at Emery's for the night. She was used to waking up at 2 o'clock in the morning when me and my mom fought. Conveniently, she lived right next door.

________

First day of practice was hard. I didn't think it would be easy but I definitely did not think I would have to work so hard to prove I deserve to be on the team in comparison to Chloe.