Chapter 30

Thank you guys for your patience. Please excuse the mistakes. This chapter is a bit of a drag but I am trying to set up for something.

" You honor, It is believed that Ms. Scott works at a strip club downtown and has been for years. I have photos to back this up." Mr. Davidson spoke holding a picture that looks to be one of the flyers from Club Dynasty.

" I didn't ask you Mr.Davidson. Proceed Ms.Scott." Judge Crane said annoyed. Mr. Davidson, Adrienne's lawyer, had been counter arguing every little thing Diane said and they haven't even got through paperwork yet.

" I am..."

" She works for Jason's automotive shop as a secretary."

Everyone's head looked back to see Jason walking in. He was wearing a suit with his arm in a sling. You could see the white cast peaking through his suit jacket.

" Hey look mommy its Daddy" The twins excitedly jumped out of their seats to get to Jason but Diane stopped them before they could. Charity rolled her eyes and scooted closer to Diane in attempt to get be away from Jason as much as possible.

" Jason Owens? It's good to see you. I heard about the job offer as a FBI agent. I'm happy to see you turn a new leaf. What brings you by?"

" This is my family. Here I have proof of employment as well as a summary of weekly earnings" Jason handed over the papers.

" very well then." Judge Crane looked down and wrote something down before gesturing for the bailiff to collect the documents.

" what are you doing here?" Diane whispered only for Jason to ignore her.

Diane watched over the paperwork that was handed to him by Jason. 

" You honor? I can't lie to you."

" Diane..." 

Although she appreciated his efforts, she felt like lying in this moment will only make things worse for her. She's been keeping secrets and lying this whole time.

" The funds in my account will match the document Jason gave you but it is not because I work as a secretary. I get money from Jason every now and then because he is my youngest father. Yes I used to work at Club Dynasty as a bartender. Yes I was dancer amongst other things. As you can see I am far from broke but as a mother of 5 that money is chump change. So I have to do what I got to do so they don't have to suffer like I did."

Jason sat down in a pew next to one of the twins. Even though Diane shot down his help he was going to remain in support. This was her fight and he had to understand that.

" I was recently attacked at Club dynasty. Hence the discoloration on my face, so I will have to find work elsewhere. I promise you, I will find a good paying job, even if its scrubbing toilets."

" Scrubbing toilets?" Mr. Davidson scoffed. " You honor she has 4 kids under her care and 3 of them are under the age of eight. And she expects to be able to take care of my client as well with a small paycheck that won't even pay half her mortgage. If my client is granted full emancipation, she has one less worry.  Because we all know what she's going to do to get that money."

Mr. Davidson grabbed paper from his briefcase with a smirk on his face. Everyone looked trying to figure out where he was going with this. 

" We are not on trial counselor."  Judge Crane states as he continuously looked on. 

" We're not but with Ms. Scott's history, there should have been a trial a long time ago. Are you aware of the times Ms. Scott has been arrested for being.disorderly in public, prostitution, and extortion?"