Chapter 14

I know I keep going back and forth from the author's point of view to Adrienne's. I'm struggling to see what writing style works best for me.

~ Your girl Draya 

_______

" I can't believe she and her man of the hour sat in that parking lot waiting for me to come out."

Derek and I have just gotten home from school after having to sneak around to get away from my mother. I was not going home and I meant that. I liked living on my own and not having to be responsible for nobody but myself.

" I know that's crazy. I was sure that after school let out and sports practice started they would have left" Derek said in disbelief.

" Right I thought so too. then they had the nerve to get out the car babe." I remembered. I was so embarrassed watching my mother walking around asking my classmates about me. Chole, the one person I despise, went out of her way to help my mom look for me. 

" Well it's over now. We are home and away from your mother's drama" Derek assured. He started his way towards his room, I'm guessing to shower the daily funk away and I followed him like a lost puppy. 

" But babe what if it's not over. She's not going to leave me alone and let me stay with you. She's stubborn."

I can just picture it now. My mother chasing me down wherever I go and me running away for the rest of my teen years. That sounds like miserable life. 

" Stubborn? Sounds about right" Derek joked insinuating that I'm stubborn too.

" I'm serious Derek" I whined. " I really need some advice or some encouraging words right now

Derek began preparing to take a shower. " I'm being serious too. You can forgive your mom or don't. Wasting your time and energy on arguing with her is not going to get you anywhere" He said turned on the shower and turned around seeing me take off my clothes.

" I'm guessing you trying to shower with me." He said with a smirk.

" You mind?" I asked innocently. 

He  chuckled then shook his head no and continued doing what he was doing. 

" I guess I just don't want to be forced to go home. I got a taste of being on my own and I love it. I don't have to worry about nobody but myself and I feel like that's what I've been wanting all this time."

My father coming out with his so called truth has been a blessing in disguise for me. I finally got the chance to live the life I always wanted. I didn't have to have a 9 month old baby attached to my hip. I didn't have to watch my reckless, high spirited twin brothers.  I  also did not have to deal with my loud mouth full of attitude whiny sister. And I certainly did not have to kill  myself trying to please aggravating mother. I AM FREE

" Then get Emancipated."  Derek stepped into the shower waiting for me to come in. I stepped in as well letting the steamy water run down my back.

" Emancipated?" I questioned. 

" Being emancipated means that you will legally be independent as a teenager. I got emancipated when I turned 16 so I can make decisions on my own while my dad is overseas. I could have been under my mother's care back in Florida, but I didn't like her husband. The process for me wasn't easy due to my mom throwing a fit, but Dad got me a good lawyer to represent me and he was a witness to let the judge know I could take care of myself. I can give my lawyer a call for you" He explained.

" Please call him for me. I want to way out my options before I make a decision."

I stood there for a minute thinking about the possibility of being emancipated and enjoying the heat from the water as it massaged the tenseness in my shoulders. Before long I felt Derek hands along my back. A smile creeped upon my lips  as Derek pulled me closer to him.

" Let me be your stress reliever" Derek whispered into my ear. A shiver went down all down my body as his hands roamed.  I knew exactly what I was doing when I came in here and I was going to get it.

___________

I know I know this is short but this chapter has been sitting way too long. I don't want this end up like Broken with the slow updates.

I'm going to try again soon yall i promise.

In the meantime check out The Broken Series.