Chapter 20

So we are at 1k reads 128 votes and 1k comments.... Ahhhhhhhhh! Thank You so Much everyone. You guys do not understand how much this means to me. I hope I don't disappoint you guys.

This chapter kinda boring but it was needed to get to the good stuff.

Diane ( third person POV)

That afternoon, Diane was helping the twins do their homework. Well Marcus finished his and was playing at the kitchen counter next to his brother. Michael stared at his homework upset that Marcus gets to play.

"That's no fair. How come he gets to play?" Michael whined with his arms folded.

" Cut it out. You can play after you finish this homework." She said firmly as she moved around the kitchen with Jace on her hip. Jace has been fussy and clingy all day, he would not let her put him down for nothing or nobody.

Jason didn't come back before the kids woke up like he said he was. The kids woke up asking for him, which gave her a little trouble getting all three of them ready for school. Well Charity only gave her a hard time because she kept complaining that she didn't feel well and that she was tired. Diane wanted to keep her home but Charity had a project she had to present in her fashion class that she was so excited to show. She didn't argue with her after she made sure wasn't coming down with something.

" No I don't want to I want to play with Marcus."

" You about about two seconds away from getting your butt whooped. You are going to finish your homework first."

" But I don't want to." Diane popped him. The water works immediately started.

" You don't tell me no. If I have to tell you one more it's going to be me and you"

Diane turned around to check on the baked spaghetti that she cooking in the oven, something that Jason volunteered to do for Charity, but she has not heard from him all day. This is what she was afraid of. She did not want to express her feelings and things change. And that's exactly what's happening. She just didn't think it would happen so soon.

She heard the stool move and she quickly turned around to see Michael gone.

" Michael?!" She shouted. Immediately Jace started crying thinking she was yelling at him. " This boy."

Diane put Jace in his playpen that she had in the kitchen just in case Jace ever let her put him down.

" Michael!"

" I'm right here mommy." Marcus answered pretending he was his brother so he wouldn't get in trouble. " See I'm doing the homework like you told me too"

Although they were considered to be identical twins, it was not impossible to tell the two apart. Marcus was a little chunkier and slightly taller than Michael.

" Yeah Nice try." Diane then heard something break like glass and little footsteps so she decided to follow the noise.