Chapter 9

I ran up the stairs as fast as I could to my room, slamming the door behind me. " Get out!" my mom screamed.

I knew my mother would come up the stairs after me but i could not face her right now. I quickly stuffed random clothes from my drawers into a duffle bag. When i heard the front door slam, I hurriedly open my window and jumped out of it. A pain shot through my leg but I didn't care. I needed to get out of here.

I haced my way to the side of the house to get to the street but stopped when I saw a man in a dirty jumpsuit with flowers in his hands. He was walking toward my front door. He dropped the flowers and ran to the door when he heard my mother scream.

" Diane? Baby? what happened" I heard him shout as he rushed inside.

When the cost was clear, I was gone.

__________

"Baby? What are you doing here?  It's almost 2 o'clock in the morning."

Derek stepped aside to let me into his condo styled home. Once he saw I was limping, he held onto me and slightly picked me up with one hand letting my feet dangle. He gently helped me sit down the couch as he got down on his knees with a look of concern.

"   Is your dad here?" I asked.

" Nah he's in Hong Kong on a business trip. "

Derek's dad was a business man, who sold merchandise to the highest bitter. According to Derek his Dad made major bank. 

" What happened baby?"

" I think I sprained my ankle or something." I said as I winced in pain.  

"I'll be right back" 

When Derek came back, he came back with a ice pack and a glass of water." Alright let take a look at your leg." 

All of a sudden, I was overcome by emotion and embarrassment as I looked down at my dirty Jeans and Shoes.

" Sorry for just showing up here like this. I didn't know where else to go. I.. "

" Shhh baby. Don't you worry about that right now. Let's focus on what hurts right now. You should take off your jeans so I can see whats going on."

I nodded my head in agreement, trying to suppress my emotions. Derek helped me out of my jeans. He sat down and placed my bare legs over his lap. 

He gently touched over my bruised ankle and calf on my left leg like what the sports trainers and couches would do to check to see if there was any broken bones. Both of my knees were scrapped from the impact of the fall and there were several scratches.

I winced as he placed an Ice pack over my left leg, which was worse out of the two.

" There's no breaks as far I can tell but we would need to go to the hospital to be sure." 

I immediately began to protest at his words.  " No please. They will just call my mom. Plus,  I walked all the way over here, so I must be fine."

" You walked all the way over here?" his voice rose with concern as he looked in my eyes searching for answers.  " baby why didn't you just call me? I would have came and got you no matter the time."

" I don't know. I was moving so fast, I wasn't thinking straight. I don't even know where my phone is." I rushed out.

The emotions started to run rapid as I began to think over what happened. It was like my heart was being broken all over again.

" Okay just slow down. Tell me what's got you like this."

I took a deep breath before speaking. " My dad didn't want me."

" Like didn't want you to visit him or..." 

Derek looked confused as he continued rubbing my feet. 

" no he didn't want me want me. He wanted my mom to get an abortion. He said it himself and he said some other hurtful things to me. The only reason he was around was because my mom would give him some attention." 

Derek stopped rubbing my feet and pulled my body close to him, careful not to hurt me. I happily fell into his embrace as I cried through my heartbreak.

" You got me now. You don't need them" he assured as he kissed my forehead. 

______________

______________

Sorry for the short post. This part was suppose to be apart of chapter 8. Don't worry there will be more coming soon. 

Thanks for you guys feedback. It really motivates me to keep going.