Chapter 7

okay i decided to add actors to match the characters. So far I just have the mother (

Derek's warm soft lips feel so good up against mine. I could honestly get used to this. His hands roaming freely all over my body. Every time we kiss like this, he finds new ways to make me feel loved and beautiful. It's true. Sometimes I want us to go all the way, but he always express how he wants our first time to be special. Not in his car and certainly not on my mother's kid stained couch, but somewhere special. For me he makes me feel special and that is all I need and Yet he gives me more. He gives me money, he buys me clothes, he paid all my school debt and put money on my lunch account, and he does it all on his own.

" Let me take you out tonight" he whispered in my ear as we were hugged up in his backseat.

We both just recently came freshly out the showers after my volleyball practice and his football practice. We usually chilled in his car for awhile to have some time alone with each other before I had to go home. The sun was just beginning to set as athletes and other students were leaving the extracurricular activities. Soon our little moment will be short lived.

"I can't. My mother is going out again." I said with an eye roll.

" Aw come on baby. what about Emery? Can you ask her to watch the kids?" He asked as he began to sit up in his seat.

" That would be the fourth time this month. Plus Emery has a life. Its not her responsibility..."

" It's not yours either." Derek snapped cutting me off. " Look I'm getting tired of sneaking around. we going to have to figure something out."

Derek rubbed his head as he stared blankly at the back of his leathered seat. This is my first time seeing Derek frustrated. I can't help that he was frustrated with me. A lump began to settle in my throat, but I didn't let a tear fall. I shouldn't have to give up my life so that my mother can be a whore.

" I'm sorry" I apologized.

" No i'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped on you like that. You didn't deserve that. I love you, okay? I just really want to see you happy." He explained as he looked at me.

Man his eyes are beautiful and honest. Its nice to have someone to look at me with so much care and.... wait... pause...

Did he just say he loved me?

He couldn't have meant it in that way.

" I should take you home." Derek sighed and began to get out the car to get in the front seat, but I stopped him.

" No, let's go. Let's go out. You're right, the kids are not my responsibility and its about time I had a night to myself without worrying."

And that's exactly what we did. I was care free and living it up with my man on a Friday night.

2am

" Where in the hell have you been?"

My mother was sitting at the kitchen table her eyes glaring at me as I walked in the house. Makeup still adorned her face with her eyes red and glassy. She was wearing one of her latest go to when she wants to be sexy, her short sleek, black dress. Although makeup adorned her face, it was very simple letting her natural beauty shine through.

 Although makeup adorned her face, it was very simple letting her natural beauty shine through

" Out, obviously. I wanted to see how it felt being you for a night." I answered.

At this point I did not care about my attitude or the respect I should have toward my mother. I wanted to have a normal life and if that meant purposefully going out my way to ruin my mother's plans then so be it.

" I was. worried sick about you. I called Emery, she had told me she hasn't really talk to you in while." My mother sighed

" Don't act like you care. We all know you don't" I snapped with an eye roll

 We all know you don't" I snapped with an eye roll

" Adrienne today was not the night for your drama. I had somewhere to be."

" Well I had somewhere to be too. Charity is twelve maybe she can watch your kids." I said grabbing a water out of the fridge and heading out of the kitchen. My mother was hot on my tail as headed towards the stairs before I could take a step my mother grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into the living room.

" You want my attention. You got it. Tell me how bad of a mother I am. Go ahead."

My mother gave me the floor. She stood there fuming with her red puffy eyes.

If she was going to give me the floor, I was going to let her have it. To really show my frustration with her i had to be honest, no matter what. Before I could give my list of reasons, My mother fumed with a vengeance of reasons of her own.

" I was 15 when I got pregnant with you. 15 Adrienne. I had nobody. I had no friends. No Father and your grandmother didn't care about me. When I laid eyes on you, I wanted nothing but the best for you. I got this house by myself, I tried giving y'all everything i didn't have. It doesn't matter how I got it, the fact is I got it. I've made my mistakes but don't you ever stand there and say I don't care about my kids." My mother ranted.

" Nobody asked you to get on your knees for it." I snapped. As soon as those words left my mouth, I felt slap go across my face and instantly my hand went to my face to comfort the sting. Although i said i would be honest, i can admit that i went to far.

My mother paced the floor with her mouth agape and her head hung low as if she was shocked at herself. Her made up face became dull all of sudden and her dress didn't look so flattering. The room seemed to have become dimmer as tears adorned both of our plumped cheeks.

" Momma?" I choked out as i began to taste metal around my tongue. I must have bit my tongue when i was slapped.

" That's what you think of me?" My mother grimaced. " As some whore off the street?"

I didn't know what to say. I don't think I can say anything to make this situation better. Did I really think of. her that way? Isn't it the truth? I chose to say nothing. I just stood there itching for this moment to be over.

"Okay" She sighed and nodded her head. " Now I see where we stand"

_______

Please read below.

Alright guys I will leave it here. Please excuse all mistakes. And feel free to leave your comment. Your feedback helps.

What do you think will happen next?

what do you think about Derek and Adrienne?

What do you think about the mother ?

I noticed I only mentioned the mothers name once which was Carol. I wrote this book along time ago and I don't like the name for the mother. Any suggestions?

What actors do you associate with the characters?