Chapter 24

Please excuse mistakes.

Adrienne

" Bae, you can't lay in bed all day. You need to get up."

Derek had been trying to get Adrienne to wake up for a while now. She claims she doesn't feel well, but Derek knew it was because of her mother's birthday. With the court hearing coming up, their lawyer Mr. Davidson advise them to cut all contact in order to not jeopardise the case. Although Adrienne sent her a Happy Birthday Message, it was killing her for not being able to do more.

All Adrienne wanted was to be to live with Derek and not fight with her mother over it, but the process was becoming extremely draining. She couldn't wait to prove to the judge that she was able to live on her own so things could get back to normal.

" So what you planning to stay in bed all day?"

" No of course not. I'll get up in time for your scrimmage with Lincoln. You said you had to be there for 6:30. I have no idea what time it is but I do know its no where near 6:30" Adrienne argued from under the covers.

She could hear Derek shifting around the room but she remained in her spot. All she planned on doing was lay in bed and maybe catch up on some tv. Of course she was going to get up eventually but she liked the quiet.

" You need to eat something. You haven't eaten since lunch yesterday and you barely ate that. That's not healthy baby."  Derek sat at the edge of the bed where Adrienne's feet was.

"I'm not hungry."

He noticed Adrienne's eating habits. His Uncle Harry assured him that her change in appetite was a result of the birth control. He knew there would be certain foods she would refuse to eat and some foods she would love due to her taste buds changing. But  that did not mean she shouldn't eat at all. As soon as the court rules in their favor, he is putting Adrienne on his insurance plan. He's been paying for Adrienne's birth control out of pocket, but at this point Adrienne needed to see a doctor on a regular.

" Maybe if you ate something you feel better."

" I said I'm not hungry" She snapped.

Derek immediately snatched the covers off of her body. " Why you snapping at me?  I'm actually am suppose to be at the school right now preparing for the game tonight instead I'm here trying to make sure you're straight." he said frustratedly.

He got up and began placing the stuff he needed into his gym bag.  Adrienne then sat up in bed realizing she probably ticked him off.

" I wasn't trying to snap at you." She said as she slowly got out of bed and walked over to him.  She hugged his backside as he continued shoving stuff into his gym bag.

" You know you can go home anytime you want to right? I'm not trying to keep you here if you don't want to be." Derek said as he moved to side causing Adrienne to break the embrace.

" Of course I want to stay with you Derek. Isn't that why we are going to court?"

" Nah that's not the reason why I'm breaking my back everyday trying to set things up for you, so you can choose how you want to live your life. Do you know how much money this is costing me? I'm not doing it for me, I 'm doing this because I love you. I'm doing all I can to make you happy and sometimes you make me feel like I'm not appreciated." Derek confessed as he opened the bedroom door to leave out of it.

" Baby, I appreciate you I swear I do. I'm sorry okay. There's just a lot on mind. You can understand that right?" Adrienne followed behind him as he made his way down the stairs. " Can you slow down for minute?"