Chapter 5

Please Excuse mistakes

Three Days...

Three whole days since I seen my mother.

She had left early Friday morning with a note saying that she was going on a last minute business trip.

Business trip my ass.

I have never heard of a job my mom would work at would send her on a " Business Trip". Grant it I have absolutely no clue what my mother did for work. I think she works a office job since she dresses so fancy when she is here on a regular.

All I know is she better not come back pregnant.

" I'm hungry" Marcus whined as he came out the bathroom.

It's Monday morning and I was struggling in getting the kids ready for school. So far I had Charity up brushing her teeth and Marcus, but Michael was a different story. He was always hard to wake up. Mom always got him up with no problem.

" I don't have time to make breakfast. you will have to eat at school. Come on Michael wake up" I said dragging Michael to his feet.

" With what money." Charity smart tale said. This girl came out of her room with this lil shirt on and some tight leggings.

" No mam try again."

She rolled her eyes and went back into your room.

My phone stared ringing. It was Emery.

" hey girl I'm running late. I have to get the kids to school first"

" Girl thats why I was calling you. There is no school today. It's Veteran's Day."

You've got to be kidding me.

_______

There's no food in the house and no money. My mother really done did it this time. I have to go to the only person I know to give us the amount of money I need. My dad...

" How much longer" Charity whined

" Not much longer. Michael, Marcus keep holding on to the stroller. we about to cross the street."

I walked up to my father's building. Once I got to the door, a big, tall man, dressed in black was standing there.

" Name?"

" Adrienne Scott. Andre Williams is my father. These are my siblings." I introduced. What kind of operation my dad got going on around here.

" Wait here" About two minutes later, we were able to go in. My dads office was super nice. It was loads of various crystals and glass everywhere with hints of red in his all white decor. I made sure that the kids knew not to touch anything. Surprisingly they respected my wishes and proceeded to sit down on the couch. I placed sleeping baby Jace stroller near them and continued on until I got to my father.

" Hey sport, How you doing? Miss Volleyball super star, i got your text about making the team" my father greeted with a big bare hug. The warmth in his arms. Something I've been missing.

" I'm okay daddy. I know your busy so ill get right to it. My mother is out of town and I need money for Groceries."

My dad sighed " How much?"

" 200?"

"Adrienne..."

" I know thats a lot, but there's five of us and there's no telling when my mom is going to go away again."

My father sighed again and went over to his safe in the corner. He put in the necessary combination and billed out some bills.

" Alright here. That's 300. 200 for groceries and 100 for you. okay?"