Chapter 37

Okay please read first!

Hi Guys! Hope everyone is having a good day. It was brought to my attention that the changing of the point of views is confusing. I am so sorry about this. I can try to stick to one writing style from now on after this chapter. When I'm writing from the characters point of view (first person), I'm trying to poetically describe what the character is feeling. Originally when I first wrote this book back when I was 14, I wrote the book from character's ( Adrienne) perspective. At the age of 21 my writing has drastically changed and I am trying to make sense of all of it with new themes I am trying to incorporate into the story.

Thank You Everyone for reading this story. We are almost to 3k reads which is so amazing. I used to write for fun all the time when I was younger in notebooks. I've probably started 13 books but never finished. All of them are fictional but I used to let people in my school read them and coincidentally it was their story. I never wanted to be a writer but I knew I wanted to help someone. God allowed me to write these stories to help people and soon as I do the story ends. I thank God for allowing me to finish this story. I have some Ideas for this book and I hope you journey with me on this ride.

I love you Guys! Refer a friend to this book if you can!

Ps. Please excuse all the mistakes and pay attention to the bold wording!

Adrienne ( First person)

Sheets of rain pours down on me as my vision blurs and I realize I am alone again. A loud car horn rang in my ear but I couldn't move as I stood in the middle of the street still staring at where Derek's car once was. Am I still dreaming? Am I even breathing?

The car behind me honk the horn again snapping me out my thoughts completely. I made my way into my front hard. Every step I took felt like heavy bricks weighing me down. He left me when I needed him the most. As I reach the house I tried to gather my house but I couldn't. I feel like someone just ripped my heart open as I continue to sob.

" Okay okay okay" I repeated to myself as I tried to calm myself down.

Once I was calm enough I unlocked the back door of my house. As soon as I opened the door a wift of homemade cooking filled my nostrils. I didn't see a point in sneaking in since I knew I was going to get in trouble for staying out all night. I didn't have the decency to look up at whoever was in the kitchen as I looked down at my soaked shoes.

" Adrienne baby is that you?" I instantly looked up recognizing Baby Jace grandmother, Rose, voice. " It is you. I didn't hear you come in baby. Hurry up and get that wet sweatshirt off baby before you get sick. Take them shoes off"

Grandma Rose moved around the kitchen swiftly as if it was her own as I took off my shoes. I winced at the pain that I felt in my legs. I can tell through my soaked socks that my feet were swollen. I went over to the laundry room that was off from the kitchen to take off my wet clothes.

" Where have you been baby? Your parents were worried sick about you. Nobody could get a hold of you." I hear grandma Rose say. Ignoring the fact that she included Jason as my parent, I tried to think of answer for her as I looked for clean clothes for me to put on in the laundry.

" I was at the cabin with my friends." I said simply. As pulled the hoodie over my head I realized that it reeked of weed. I put it in a plastic bag along with my pants and tucked it in a corner of the laundry room. I got dressed in some leggings and another sweatshirt.

Grandma Rose was still talking away but unfortunately I wasn't listening due to the heaviness I felt. Grandma Rose is really sweet and all but I couldn't take her chastising me right now.