Chapter 10

"She could be hurt bad, Jason. She freaking jumped out the window! What do I do? Should I call the police?.... No they will only ask questions. We need to find her."

Diane, Adrienne's mother paced her leaving room floor, her mind racing with possibilities on her fate of her daughter. Baby Jace babbled in his play pin in response to his mother as he thought she was talking to him, but she really was talking to Jason, her work jumpsuit wearing friend.

 Baby Jace babbled in his play pin in response to his mother as he thought she was talking to him, but she really was talking to Jason, her work jumpsuit wearing friend

Jason sat in the chair, sweating from the heat and nervousness he felt for his companion and Adrienne. He just had came back from looking for Adrienne while Diane waited for Charity, Michael, and Marcus to come home from there afternoon activities and for Baby Jace to wake up from his nap. Jason felt it would be better for him to look for Adrienne instead of Diane, because he felt it would have been awkward and a bit scary for the kids to come home to a strange tall man and your mother was no where to be found.

When he did get to Adrienne he called Diane to let her know, but he lost her as soon as he found her. It was like she avoided him as if she knew who he was. He kept going but it grew darker and darker so he returned.

" It look like she knew where she was going. Do you know anybody up north?"

Diane shook her head no.

" No no no"Baby Jace agreed looking up at the two.

Diane worked as a secretary at a law firm downtown, Monday through Friday during the day before she recently got fired for being late because her car broke down. At night she worked at a club/ event center as a bartender. Club Dynasty hosted many events through the week and weekend. It's no secret that Diane started out as a dancer at Dynasty every night when she was younger until the club took a transition to being a more diverse club when she was twenty-five.

When she was 19, Charity was just born, her and Charity's father thought it was a good idea to host parties on there own to get extra money. Charity's father Chance used to work for Adrienne's father, Andre, who was an upcoming, drug dealer and pimp. Andre knew about Chance, but he didn't care. As long as Diane was out of his way. At that time, Diane didn't know anything about the business, all she knew is how to party and make money. She was practically groomed by her own mother to do so.

" You're beautiful. You can look at any man and get what you want. You hear?" Her mother would say

 You hear?" Her mother would say