Chapter 18

Hello everyone! lol I am going to go on a different route in this book. I hope I don't ruin the story for you guys. I just want to keep it interesting. I starting to get bored with what I originally planned. Don't take the images too seriously.

Jason ( third person)

" Sorry I'm late. I had to make sure my daughter was straight."

Two men and a woman stood before Jason in a dark dingy warehouse; Oscar, Helena and Boss man, Cole.

All of three of them wore dark colored suits. Jason was wearing a suit he had changed into after he was several blocks away from the house. Jason was the type of man to wear his jumpsuit all day long just in case he ever had to fix something. If he wasn't wearing a jumpsuit he was wearing a black or white t-shirt and cargo pants. A simple man he was.

" Daughter? Since when did you have a daughter? I could have sworn you had a son." Helena inquired.

" You didn't hear. Detective doorknob over here done made a family with Andre's bitch. None of the kids are his by the way"Oscar spat. 

" You better watch your mouth" Jason charged at Oscar getting in his face. 

" Yeah? What you going to do? Cry to your mommy or something. I heard she like Latinos. I should lay down the pipe and make her fall in love with me." 

Jason shoved Oscar then decked him right in the nose causing Oscar to fall to the ground bleeding. Jason was about to give him a beaten he was itching for but Helena stepped in the way pushing him away.

" Stop. He's not worth it." Helena spoke as she pushed on his chest. Jason unintentionally smacked her hand away a bit to much aggression. 

Oscar laughed as he spit blood onto the ground. "  I will kill you if you ever come near my family! You hear me! You know I am capable."

" That's enough" Cole shouted. " We have work to do." 

Cole was at a table in the middle of the dim room. The three walked over to the table.

" Listen boss. I told you I was done with whatever this is we're doing. I'm compromised. Let's just forget this and let me get back to my family." Jason explained. 

Jason felt like if he got out of this now. It will be easier to explain all this to Diane. Let's not get things twisted the love he has for Diane and the kids is honest. They are his world. He will lay his life for them. Besides his mother, they are the reason he breathes. 

But the way he met Diane was not honest. It was a set up. Andre was the main target, but with Andre frequently visiting Diane, they thought she had something to do with his business.

" Detective..."Cole called out.

" Diane has nothing to do with this. She does not know anything so you can leave her alone..." Jason urged.