Chapter 40

Shoutout to my good friend for helping me with this chapter. She is an amazing writer herself. If you're reading this girl give yourself a plug in the comments.

Thank You for reading.

 Hope you enjoy! Excuse the mistakes.

Peaceful sleep is never going to be Adrienne's reality. How could it when she had no peace within herself. Adrienne began to stir in her sleep feeling the rays from the son. She desperately wanted to be comfortable again reaching to for Derek. When she didn't feel him she slowly opened her eyes. Instantly she felt a headache brewing.

" Babe?" She called out to him to get no answer. She sighed reaching for her phone.

" Its so freaking bright" she complained as she sat up slightly in bed. She squinted at her phone as it lit up.

8:17AM

Adrienne sat up fully after seeing the time. She was about to spring out of bed when she heard a knock at the door. After a few short moments, in walked Diane with her freshly moisturized face.

" Oh good you're already up. Good Morning baby." She walked further into the room. Out of habit she picked up the pillows that were on the floor and placed them neatly on the bed. " I let you sleep in a little longer. I figured you can miss homeroom. Go ahead and get ready. Breakfast is ready for you downstairs."

Before Adrienne could say anything she left out the door. The little sleep she did get, she was grateful for but she knew that it wouldn't be enough to get her through the day.

Derek sent her a text saying that he made it home and would see her at school. She quickly sent him a text back as she got of bed. Adrienne and Derek are definitely not on the same page but at least they were on common ground. She understood his concerns. She understands that what she went through is really traumatic but she couldn't face it. No matter how hard she tried, something reminded her of her pain.

Diane deserved the world simply because she overcame her pain. She was beaten, raped, talked about, mistreated and she still had the guts to go out their and Live. Adrienne admired that and she felt ashamed that she couldn't. She spent months complaining about her mother's secrets, her mother's attitude, her mother's work and called it neglect but really it was love.  Adrienne knew she was spiralling out of control but hoped she got herself together before anyone noticed.

Or did she want it to go unnoticed?

How much longer could she withhold all the pain, hurt, and stress over that fateful night. She would take it all back if she could.

Sneaking out past curfew, being alone in the cabin knowing the cell service wasn't good.

But, who was she kidding. It was a nightmare come to life and no sort of precautions could have prevented it.

Victim blaming.

She wondered if her mother ever did the same...

As she sat there pondering, more like overthinking, she heard a knock yet again at her bedroom door.

This one leaving her jolted.

In walks Diane again, who noticed her subtle shake.

"Why aren't you downstairs baby girl? Is everything alright?"

She peers around her untidy room.

"Lord it doesn't even seem like you've even thought about an outfit. Don't you gotta look cute for your booooyfriiiiend?"

Diane has noticed her daughters changed behavior. Her peeing the bed was startling to say the least, but there was always an excuse. It seemed reasonable at the time, but it has dragged on longer than she'd expected.