Chapter 13

" I had so much fun" Michael said tiredly as he dragged his feet while he was trying to get himself ready for bed.

They had just made it home from the carnival not to long ago and were trying to get the twins and baby Jace ready for bed while Charity got herself ready in Diane's bathroom.

Diane was multitasking by helping Marcus in the tub and putting clean clothes on Jace. Jason was trying to get Michael to finish brushing his teeth so he can put on his shirt, but Michael was giving him a hard time because he was half sleep.

" Yeah buddy, we had loads of fun. Now say cheese."

" But cheese makes me gassy."

Jason could not help but to laugh. He would never thought he would be here now in this moment, trying to get six years olds and a fussy 9 month old to bed after midnight with someone who is growing to become the love of his life. He wouldn't change it for the world.

" Aw man I forgot to put Jace on a Diaper and he peed everywhere" Diane said in disbelief.

" Charity should be done in your bathroom. Just get Jace cleaned up in there. I got this and the twins."

" You sure?" Diane asked flushed.

" Yeah go ahead."

"Can't be that hard" Jason thought.

It was definitely difficult to get them to brush their teeth and finish getting dressed but nonetheless both boys were in bed less than 30 minutes .

" Alright Good Night boys"

" Jason?"

" Yeah buddy?"

" I hope you are here with us forever." Marcus said as he went to sleep.

" Me too buddy. Me too." With that Jason slightly closed the door with a sigh of longing to be in their lives forever.

________________________

Being back to school for has been weird for Adrienne. She spent a couple  of weeks at Derek's home stuffing her face with endless snacks and takeout, catching up on reality Tv and movies, and doing whatever she could to keep herself busy.  Although she was limited in her mobility due to her injury, she still tried to do little things around the condo for Derek like cook and do some laundry while he was in school.

Derek would come home during his lunch break. Most times he would have to take his lunch to school since they never get the chance to eat...

Adrienne thought going back to school would be miserable for her, but it wasn't. She had officially quit the volleyball team. Emery kept her distance and the insults from Chloé and her crew did not bother her. One thing she knew for sure was that she was in desperate need of a nap. Her body had gotten used to taken naps so in history class she took that nap.

" Adrienne... Adrienne" a voice called out.

Thinking that it was some idiot that wanted to get under her skin, she cursed them , telling them to leave her alone.

"Ms. Scott" they called out one more time. The deep voice rattled awakening her from her slumber. It was the big boss of the halls, the principal.

" Come see me in the hallway. Please"  He said firmly.

She walked outside the door first and the first thing she saw was her very upset mother.

" Two weeks?! Seriously Adrienne! Two weeks."  Diane scolded.

"I'm sorry that we did not contact you about Adrienne's absence . I was under the impression that Adrienne was  out of school due to a serious injury according to a letter that was signed by you.  Though, I do believe Adrienne can make up her work with tutoring Ms.  Diane." the principal stated thinking that Diane was upset about Adrienne missing school. He had no idea what the real drama was about.