Chapter 54

umm, this is very chaotic and might seemed rushed at points. I do apologize if it is. I really wanted to post for you guys. I will try my best to make it better at a later time. Although it might seemed rushed, I added a lil something something.

Also, I've said this before. I am not a medical professional. Half this stuff I made up or used the internet.

Chapter 54

Everything is happening way too fast. It was like life was not giving no one a chance to breathe. It was confirmed that Adrienne's water did break and like rapid fire she is dilating every hour. Adrienne's emergency Cesarean is on the schedule, however both Dr. Moore and Dr. Green are in surgery. Other doctors are on standby in case of immediate emergency as Adrienne's nurses keep watch.

A groan came from Adrienne's lips as she clung unto Jason. She was on her way to the bathroom with Jason's help when contraction came. Diane was behind her in support.

" You have to breathe through it baby." Diane encouraged as the three swayed together.

Adrienne had a strong grip on Jason's arms like her life depended on it as the pain came in like a rushing wave. With her forehead resting on Jason's head, she tried breathing through it like her mother suggested as tears are at the brink of her eyes. Once the contraction stopped, she stood up straight and wiped her tears.

" How long was that one Emery?" Jason asked Emery, who stayed behind while the guys went to the mental facility to try to get Derek. With Adrienne laboring for the past few hours, Emery was a lot of help. Max had left to stay at a hotel, not wanting to impose on the family more than she had already had. She offered her help asking them to call her if they needed anything. And the kids were picked up by Momma Rose. Momma Rose didn't leave without praying not only for Adrienne and everyone around them.

" That was about a minute long. I didn't get to start the timer this time. Her last contraction was about 8 minutes ago. " Emery answered while updating her notes on her phone.

" Ooh that one was a doozy." Adrienne joked through her tears, with a small giggle. " Now I really need to use the restroom."

Once she was alone in the bathroom, she did her business then took a moment for herself as she looked in the mirror.

" Why can't you stay in a little while longer? hmm" Adrienne whispered, placing a hand on her belly. In spite of trying to keep herself in good spirits, her tears were forever flowing as if she would die if she didn't shed another tear. They were like an unwanted and uncontrollable expression of her being. Her being was painful and her tears were her evidence.

" You know if you stay in longer you have a better chance of surviving... I'll have a better chance of being a good mother to you."

Adrienne couldn't help but look at her exposed wombs. In the thin hospital gown, discolored arms and legs were a reminder on why she was there in the first place. She didn't want her trauma to rub off on her baby. How could she take care of a sick baby if she's sick herself?

" If this is your way of punishing me for ignoring you..."

" You alright, Sweetheart?" Jason asked with a knock on the bathroom door.

" yeah..." Adrienne said softly before washing her hands. She sucked up her motions and opened the door. She got back into bed with the help of her parents.

" Have you got a hold of Derek?" She asked Jason.

" Not yet the boys are working on it and if not I have a legal team working on getting him out of there," Jason could tell that he was disappointing Adrienne by his words. Honestly, he did not expect it to be this hard to even speak to Derek especially since he was emancipated minor. He didn't understand why Derek's father was fighting so hard to keep the two apart.