Chapter 60

This is super long and choppy in some parts. I'm sorry if it is, I just really wanted to finish this before my birthday

Enjoy

Chapter 60

"This life is too short not to forgive" Mama Rose spoke in her soft voice. Although Mama Rose was soft spoken she speaks with such captivating conviction that everyone in the room could not help but to listen.

Everyone in the house was sitting around the kitchen where lunch was being eaten. Well the younger kids ate while the teens and adults picked at their meal of baked chicken, mixed veggies, and garlic mashed potatoes. The meal was quick and easy to make and different from the spaghetti they had the day before.

The full house of Mana Rose,Diane and her children, Adrienne's friends, and Diane's estranged parents made the 3,500 sq foot house seem so small, especially with the growing tension of Andre's prison escape. Currently, the adults had decided to break their silence on Elbernita and Frank's presence.

" I agree life is short but how many times do I have to forgive before I stop breathing." Diane spat pushing her plate back. She looked up to her parents who were sitting across from her. " If I'm not mistaken I forgave you for all the shit you put me through just for my surprise sister to go and kill my grand baby. I gave all I could give to you when I came back after living 17 years without you. Now I'm supposed to accept Frank as my father and sing Kumbaya with the ones who birthed evil" Diane said, referring to her dead sister as evil. That's all she could remember Maxine as...evil.

" I accept the pain I caused you over the years, Diane. I graveled to God for forgiveness and hoped that one day you would return home when you were ready and you did, Diane. You said out your mouth that you forgave me and that you wanted to start this journey of healing together. You can't take it back now, baby. We as a group, as a family can't turn back now and mend the cycle that we as individuals tried so hard to break. You can't just blame us for the things that were out of our control." Elbernita pleaded, not just to Diane but to her grandchildren that she unfortunately met during this time.

Adrienne sat quietly in a corner with her head hung low next to Derek who faced everyone head on. Diane however was infuriated as she spoke up for her kids as if it was her own baby that was murdered. Sure, Diane has endured a heavy load dealing with Elbernita but in her process of trying to break this generational curse, she allowed a stranger like Maxine into their lives even if it was just only a week.

Before the crazy events that took place involving Maxine, Diane was making plans for her new sister to live with them. Imagine going through hell and high water yet still willing to help another. Diane had no idea Maxine was mentally ill. If she did she wouldn't have been so trusting.

"Well who am I supposed to blame? Angel wasn't even a day old yet before her life was snatched away from her."

" What happened to that baby was terrible and we give deepest condolences and sorrow for that innocent baby but we weren't the ones who did the deed, Diane," Frank said in soft tones. He was the main one torn up about Max's demise. He watched her grow up with his brother who adopted her. It was a hard pill to swallow having to accept the evil that his"niece" had done.

"But you knew she was crazy..." Diane's voice rose as she slapped her hand on the table causing Charity to stand up. Everyone looked at her wondering what she would do next. It surprised everyone when she took baby Jace out of the arms of Emery who was holding him, called the twins to follow her and walk out of the kitchen.

Diane took a deep breath as her eyes welled with tears.

" I'm sorry" she said to no one in particular.