Chapter 25

" You gotta breathe baby. Breathe."

" I'm..." At this point, Adrienne really couldn't breathe. All she could hear was her heart pounding in her chest. She suddenly grabbed onto Derek's arm causing him to step on the breaks. He pulled over to the side and put the truck in park as he pulled Adrienne over unto his drivers side on his lap.

" Bae.. Look at me. Try and match my breathing. Calm down love "

Adrienne fell into Derek struggling to even out her breathing. " Breathe baby"

______

Diane 

Diane, Jason, and the Kids finally made it home from what suppose to be a peaceful family time at the game turned into a complete mess. Cops ended up being called by a "concerned parent". Tensions were pretty high among the team as they try to decipher what happened between Josh and Adrienne. Apparently Andre was at the game with his entourage. Southside ended up having to forfeit the game due to the circumstances. It was just a drama filled night. What a swell way to celebrate the night of Diane's birthday?

Diane looked in the backseat to see all the kids knocked out. Diane sighed " How do you want to this?"

Diane looked over at Jason waiting for his answer but his focus was on the front door. " Jason?" She called out to him .

" Stay in the car." Jason said firmly as he reached across Diane's lap to open the glove box. 

"What?... What are you looking for?" 

Jason ignored Diane and pulled out a gun and a flashlight. He quickly stepped out of the car. " What the fuck Jason?"

" Do not get out of this car. If you see anybody you don't know drive off, okay? lock the doors"

Before Diane could answer him, Jason shut the door and made his way to the front door. The door was slightly ajar. He quietly slipped through the door, trying not to make any noise, just in case if any one was in the house. 

After hearing about Andre being at the game, he was a bit on edge. Jason and his team still did not know what Andre was planning but they continued working the case. With Oscar undercover and Helena working her hacking and security skills they were for sure that they could get enough evidence against him to report back to the feds.

As Jason maneuvered through the downstairs, he noticed the flowers that he gave Diane were on the floor, and that they were gifts in the living room. He didn't think anyone was still in the house, but he checked upstairs anyway. He also checked out the gifts that were upstairs and saw that they were from Adrienne. 

He sighed as he tucked the gun in the back of his pants, placing the shirt over top so the kids won't see it. He slowly walked towards the car, knowing Diane was going to question him about the gun and his jumpy behavior.

" All right we are good." He said nonchalantly once he reached the car. He went towards the back of the SUV and slid the door open. " Charity? Wake up baby?"

Diane got out the car " You're going to act like you just didn't barge in the house with a gun like you are some type of cop or something." She whispered yelled. She was getting tired of all these surprises. Jason looked up at her for second contemplating on whether he should tell her the truth.

" The door was opened. I thought somebody broke in, but it was just Adrienne leaving gifts for you and the kids" he said gifts a little louder so that the kids would get up on their own, instead of having to carry the twins inside.

 Sure enough they all perked up. " Did you say gifts? cool this is the best not my birthday ever" Marcus said half asleep. Charity and the twins unbuckled themselves while Jason continued to unbuckle a sleeping Jace with Diane still behind him.