Chapter 59

Charity played by Stormi Reid 

Chapter 60 will be part 2 of this chapter

Chapter 59

Have you ever felt like you couldn't breathe? Every time you take a breath, there's something squeezing your lungs tight preventing release.

That's exactly how Adrienne felt watching armed men hunting her sperm donor on the news. It was like the world stopped when his devilish face appeared on the screen with words "Inmate escaped". Shock was an understatement as her friends and family all stared at the screen.

When Adrienne came down the stairs to see everyone she knew and loved there, she was under the impression that they came for a visit, especially when her best friend, who she hadn't seen since her last surgery, came to her with a warm greeting. However the warm feeling she felt seeing her loved ones quickly went away as the tension settled.

Her mother, who was pacing the floor, held a worried expression on her face as she fanned herself with a stray envelope and her phone in the other hand. Then Adrienne's senses heightened as she heard an unfamiliar sound of a radio. As Adrienne walks slowly into the large living room and kitchen she sees a swarm of security guards and detectives. A man and a woman who she didn't recognize sat with Mama Rose, who seemed to be having a conversation with them over coffee. The guys were playing with the younger kids while Derek stood to the side with an unreadable expression on his face.

"What's going on?" The question that furthered her anxiety, led her to find out that the man and woman were her mother's parents, Shuga and Dan were shot, Chloe was missing, Max's death seemed to be a homicide, Josh somehow got out of the police custody, and everyone was their at the house for safety.

Now everyone's breath was taken away at the news of Andre being on the loose.

" Lord have mercy on us." Mama Rose pleated out loud.

" The inmate Andre Williams could be armed and dangerous. Witnesses said Williams appears to be disoriented and angry. If spotted, law enforcement advises to not engage instead call the crime hotline"

Suddenly Diane mutes the tv causing everyone to turn their attention to her.

"Let's keep our heads, everyone. We're safe right here." She spoke as she stared ahead at the screen. She had to reassure her family that everything will be okay. If she didn't they would probably make her go insane. With medication laced in her veins she was determined to keep her racing heart at bay.

" Not without daddy." Charity spoke from where she sat. She was the only one out of the younger kids that was aware of what's going on. " How can we be safe if daddy is not here?"

" Look around Charity?" James spoke softly." We are surrounded by armed security and you got your big brothers. You're safe."

He tried to comfort her but honestly everyone was a bit scared. Who wouldn't be scared of the unknown after everyone who was connected to that night was forced to come to the house? The teens parents were called and were of the ordeal. To keep their children safe, they didn't hesitate to allow them to come over for protection. You would think their families wouldn't want them to be involved but they all understood and felt for Diane and her family. Plus they didn't have the means to protect their own, the way that Jason could. What a difference a conversation makes?