Lost but Not Forgotten

Please Read before continuing.

I found a book I began writing some time ago. It remind me of Diane's story  a little so I decided to share. It amazes me on how my mind worked at this young age. I assure you that everything that I write has absolutely no truth to it. 

Lost But Not forgotten was written June 6, 2014. What is written is all there is.

I hope you like it.

~ Your Girl Draya

_________

Living the country life has always been easy. Everything you need is accessible to you and everything you don't is up yonder far away. But easy is just not for me.

" Hey Lianne, how yo momma"

" She doing just Fine, Mrs. Crawler" I answered.

" Yo sho she doing alright. she did just have that there baby" Mrs. Crawler questioned.

" I ain't got no business lying to ya Mrs. Crawler. I promise ya she's doing just fine."

In this town everyone knows you. Which is so annoying to me. They ain't nothing here but a small town of small run down businesses, small fields in between our neighbors, and one lousy stop light.

I wanna live in the big city where I can do so much more than just working at the diner and going to school. I wanna be able to look out of my window from a tall building and look down at the scenery of tiny cars and others below. When I turn eighteen, I'm out of here. I'm already saving my pennies at the diner so I can leave this hell hole.

Walking along the road toward my home, I saw Dusty. Dusty is a good kid, he just always seems to get himself into some trouble. That's why we call him Dusty, We always have to Dust him off.

Dusty wasn't alone, Big Nate was out there not too far behind and he did not look too happy. All of sudden Dusty took off running with Big Nate chasing after him.

" Hey Lianne," Dusty greeted as he ran past me.

" Run Dusty run" I shouted seeing Big Nate hot on Dusty's narrow behind. " That Dusty"

At home, It was peace and quiet, which was unusual with all the siblings I have.

" Momma?" I called as I put my belongings away.

"Ma I'm home now. Do you want me to cut up some onion and bell pepper for dinner?" I called out again as I stepped out of my dirty boots.

" Momma?"

" She ain't here" My mean stepfather announced as he walked down the narrow hall to get to the small living room where I was.

" sorry if I woke you up from your nap poppa. I thought you would be at work. What about the others? Are they here?" I rushed as I looked around the house. I began to feel uncomfortable as I watched him pull out a beer from the icebox.

" Do you see them here? And stop calling me poppa, I ain't yo damn daddy." He snapped obviously irritated as he flopped down in his recliner and turned on the tv.

That was my cue to leave him alone and go to the room I shared with my sister Sidney and don't come out till Ma came home. I never liked Jim, my step father. He always seemed to be grouchy for no reason. I honestly think he doesn't care about us kids even the ones that are his, he only had a soft spot for my momma.

An hour or so had gone by and they still hadn't come back. Writing in my journal, I heard a loud thud. Jim had barged in my room. There was no telling that he was drunk but he wasn't able to walk straight.