Chapter 11

"Wake up for me baby."

I stirred in my sleep as Derek tried waking me up. I didn't want to wake up, sleep is a beautiful thing, especially now that I've had a piece of quiet.

" I'm sleepy" I whined as I stretched out on Derek's queen sized bed with my eyes still closed.

Although I heard him, I remained in my spot and I childishly pulled the cover over my head and Derek had no problem yanking the cover completely off of me exposing my bare legs.

" I know baby. I have a doctor here that needs to check up on you. I promise you can go back to sleep after."

Derek picked me up from off the bed with ease careful not to hurt my legs and went to the bathroom with me in tow. He placed me on top of the bathroom counter and handed me a toothbrush.

" I need you to brush your teeth. I'm going to let the doctor come in and set up. If you not comfortable with just wearing this shirt, there's a robe in this cabinet."

I began to pout like a spoiled brat and my emotions became the best of me as my eyes filled with tears.

" Today will be better than yesterday okay?" he pecked my pouty lips then left to let the doctor in the room.

I did what Derek said trying to fix the attitude I was sporting. Besides Derek was right today will be better because i'm finally away from that drama.

I slowly walked out to see both the Doctor and Derek preparing for me to return. When Derek noticed me, he came over to help me.

" Hi, I'm doctor Harry. Derek tells me you had a little fall."

" Yeah" I said lowly as I looked up at Derek unsure if he told Dr. Harry how this "little fall" happened.

" Don't worry. I am not here to cause any trouble. I'm just here out of the concern of your friend here" He assured me gesturing toward Derek." When called me early this morning he practically begged me to come right away"

" Slow yo roll Bruh, ain't nobody beg for you to come here" Derek said confidently.He got me situated on the bed and fluffed out the pillow to ensure my comfort. " Is that good enough baby?"

" Well you did offer me $1,000 and tickets to see you boys play football. So you right. I guess i got begging and bribing confused" Dr. Harry joked.

I gave a genuine laugh while looking at the two bicker.

" You guys must know each other." I said in between laughs

" He just a family friend."

" Family friend my butt, I helped deliver your lil red behind. But thats besides the point, let's see what's going on with your lil wifey"

" Wifey?" I giggled. Did he really just say that? Is that what Derek says that I am to other people? Okay I can get used to that.

" Come on Unc, and stop playing" Derek said while blushing.

Dr. Harry or Uncle harry stoped joking around long enough to see what was going on with my legs. His main focus was my left ankle which swole up over night. He softly messaged the area, which made me grimace and alarmed Derek.

" Alright that's enough. That obviously hurts her" Derek said as he took my hand to comfort me.

" I'm looking to see if there's a break and I don't feel anything. When you fell, did you fall on your knees ? almost in a tuck and roll like?" He asked as he check the other bruised areas.

" Yes"

" Okay, what I'm going to do is scan your injuries with my phone and look it over at my office to make sure, but I believe you sprained your left ankle and bruised your calf muscles. Which explains the deep bruising and swelling of both legs. Although the bruises is going to be extremely uncomfortable it's not really something you have to worry about. The sprained ankle is little more serious. With any twist of the ankle you can cause a break or a tear." Dr. Harry explained.