Chapter 55

First of all shoutout to @LilFilly_Philly_ You have definitely inspired this chapter. I appreciate you and give you full credit for giving me a jumpstart in finishing this chapter. Now on to finish the others.

Feels a bit rushed but I hope you guys enjoyed anyway. 

Excuse the Mistakes

The Previous Day, the day Adrienne went into Labor

Dr. Figgs walked through the automatic doors feeling a cool breeze brush through her blown out hair. She made a brief stop, taking a moment to observe her surroundings. When she got the call from Stephanie asking for her help, she didn't hesitate to take the five and half hour flight across the country. She saw a group of male teenagers along with a suited man in a heated argument with the front desk. Dr. Figgs knew they were on mission just like she was.

She walked up to them with a pep in her step. Once she got there, she quickly glanced at the name in her notes that was given to her before speaking. " Hello, I'm here to check out Derek Jackson."

At the mention of Derek's name the arguing seized from the teenagers. " You know her?" They asked the suited man, who wore a mug on his face.

"It seems like everyone is trying to check out Mr. Jackson. No, can do, mam. The only person who can check him out is his father and from the looks of it you're not him."The front desk associate said with an eye roll. He was beyond irritated with all of them. He was only doing his job but they were making it hard.

" Excuse me miss, who are you?" The suited man asked her. " We're trying to see Derek too."

" Where's my manners? I'm Dr. Sharon Figgs. I represent Adrienne and now Derek." She then turned back to the front desk associate. She wasn't trying to be rude but she had work to do.

" I need to speak to someone in charge ." Dr. Figgs said simply.

" Apparently, she is in charge." one of the teenagers spoke with an attitude.

" I beg to differ. " Dr. Figgs said with a smirk. "Listen sweetie, I understand you're just doing your job, but let me tell you something, whatever you are being paid is not worth it. Because when I sue this fine establishment, guess who they would throw under the bus, you and every single employee that's below them. "

" Sue for what exactly?" The associate teased trying to call Dr. Figgs bluff. One thing she doesn't know is that Dr. Sharon Figgs never bluffs.

" Well starters unfair treatment to my client, my client has not been allowed one phone call to his friends and family. Two, you withhold all of your patients mail. That outgoing mail box looks mighty hefty. That's illegal in the State of Georgia and don't you dare say the mailman hasn't come when I just passed the mailman on my way in. "

Dr. Figgs reached over to grab a mail envelope that was on top of the pile. The associate tried to stop her but she was too quick. " Oh looky here, this was dated last month. Do your patients know you're holding their mail? They are probably wondering why their loved ones haven't contacted them, driving them deeper into depression. Or is that your goal?"

Dr. Figgs threw the mail back into the box still looking at the scared associate. " Don't get me started on the several health code violations, the barricaded doors, that god awful smell, and the illegal pharmacy out back. My client is an emancipated minor, who can sign his own self out. Whatever his father got on yall, is nothing compared to the hell I'll start if he's not out here in the next 3 minutes. Now either you get Derek Jackson Jr. out here or find someone who can. 3 Minutes."

The associate scurried off to what she said. Until then the boys stared off in awe on how she handled the situation. She did it all in minutes when they've been arguing back and forth with him for hours. No matter how much they expressed the urgency they were not budging.