Chapter 52

" Are you sure, Adrienne?" Doctor Moore asked her. " Do you want to carry the baby full term?"

As promised, Dr. Moore came into Adrienne's hospital room that morning to hear her decision. With it being Adrienne's decision alone made her feel a world of nervousness. She leaned on hope that her baby could make it full term. Hope pushed her decision at the news that her baby seemed to have gained weight and her heart rate improved slightly. She thought the slight improvement alone, all though it was overnight and had a possibility of changing, was enough to make it evident that she shouldn't have a baby girl early.

" Shouldn't I? What do you think?" Adrienne asked, not asking anyone in particular.

" It's your decision baby." Diane spoke, giving her a comforting squeeze. " No matter what you decide, daddy and I will support you hundred percent."

This didn't make Adrienne's decision any easier. She didn't want to put her baby girl in harm's way.

Adrienne turned to Dr. Moore, "If I wait, do you think I'll be healed enough to have my baby naturally? You know without having to cut me open. I kind of want to avoid getting another scar"

" Well it is a possibility, but you have to remember that you might have to have a second surgery depending on how well you heal. Having a cesarean might be better and safer for you no matter when you have the baby. Dr. Green explained this right?"

Adrienne sighed. It's bad enough that those bastards marked up her body and took her sense of sanity, they also have to mess up her lady parts. One thing she was grateful for is the fact she was no longer numb down there and could feel again.

"I want to wait. Besides, if anything goes wrong, you could take the baby anytime." Adrienne said more confidently than before. She was confident in Dr. Moore, Dr. Green, her nurses and her parents to help her through this.

"We'll be with you every step of the way."

She had to start thinking as a mother now.

_________

Diane

" Charity, how many times do I have to tell you to fold these clothes?" Diane fussed. She watched as Charity reared around the corner with a confused look on her face. Diane was in their living room standing over a pile of clothes sitting on the couch. She had the kids today while Jason handled some things on Adrienne's case and Mama took some time to herself to run errands.

" But mommy you just told me to do the dishes." Charity said confused.

Diane sighed. " What did I tell you to do first?" Diane pinched the bridge of her nose as a headache began to brew.

" The clothes?" Charity said, still unsure what's going on.

" I'm sorry. Just please help me get these folded and put away. I'll do this dishes. Boys come help your sister."

Diane took the bowl of cheerios a way from Jace, who wasn't necessarily eating them but making a mess. Instantly, Jace went to a fit as he wailed for his cheerios back. Diane probably should correct Jace with a firm no, a timeout or quick popping on his behind but Diane did not have the energy. She left him there, kicking and screaming.

" I can do the dishes too, mommy." Charity said sweetly. She could tell that Diane was a bit overwhelmed. After meeting with Dr. Moore about Adrienne, Diane had her own doctor's appointment. Unfortunately, she didn't leave with great news. Instead she left with a new prescription of blood pressure medicine, pain medication, and her very own portable blood pressure machine. Everything she didn't want. She tried to explain to her doctor that she had a lot going on and that her high blood pressure was only situational and would improve in no time. She had told him about Adrienne's baby, finding out who her father is, the overwhelming case, and the fact she had five kids to take care of which warrants a little rise in blood pressure. Only for him to throw it back at her telling her it was even more reason to take the medication as instructed.