Chapter 46

Lol I realize I have to change Dan ( Ashley's dad and Chloe's uncle) name to something else if their last name is going to be Daniels. How about Dathan? ( I ended up changing it again from Greg to Dathan to keep the nickname Dan)

Warning! I am far from medical professional and. All the terms and scenarios are either made up or are from medical dramas. I tried my best with researching medical procedures and asked nurses I know for help. Please refrain from pointing out mistakes. I write these fictional stories for fun please keep it that way.

Chapter 46

"Mam, You said your daughter is unconscious? Can you tell if she's breathing?" The 911 operator questioned calmly as she typed down the complaint.

" I don't know. Babe is she breathing? Please tell me she's breathing." Diane asked as she got down on her hands and knees with Jason who was checking on Adrienne. He was able to move the shower curtain and rod out of his way but when he did so he noticed that there was some bleeding coming from Adrienne's head.

" Yes she's breathing fine. She has a good pulse." Jason said simply not trying to alarm an already frazzled Diane. Diane relayed the message and listened to any further instructions as Jason looked through the cabinets for a clean cloth or anything he made into a makeshift gauze for Adrienne's head. It was obvious that Adrienne was bleeding from somewhere else. As calm as he was he was freaking out inside as he cared for Adrienne. Due to him being up close and personal with her at the moment, he sees the bruising on her arms and was terrified to look anywhere else. He only hoped this wasn't the outcome of an attempted sucide. He wasn't sure what else to think.

Diane watched Jason as he searched the cabinets puzzled. Then she heard the 911 operator say what she wasn't expecting. " How long will it take for an ambulance to get here?"

" It's hard to say mam. Maybe 7 to 10 minutes. There was a huge automobile pile up on the highway. Most of if not all of our fire and rescue dispatches in your area are already at the scene. I'm calling a different precinct to get out to you." the 911 operator explained as she worked diligently to get help to them fast.

Jason had just finished wrapping Adrienne's head with torn cloth and was going to check if he could find where else she was bleeding from when Diane got his attention.

" They're saying 10 minutes."

Jason then asked for the phone. " This is Diane's husband speaking. I have some medical training from the Marines, I have assessed some of Adrienne's injuries. She has a pretty bad head injury that is bleeding, she is bleeding from somewhere else that I'm not sure where. There's possible trauma going on. She has visible bruising on her arms and legs. Is there any way you can put a rush on some care please?"

" Sir, I understand the severity but I am doing my best to find immediate help. I have an officer on his way to you right now."

" Come on baby, wake up." Diane cried as she rubbed on Adrienne's face.

" Imma take her. The hospital is around the corner from our home. She's already been unconscious for 5 minutes now." Jason put the phone on speaker as he prepared to pick Adrienne up.

" You're sure about this?" Diane asked as she took the phone from him.

" Sir, I do not recommend you move your daughter. However, I will put you on a call with a Doctor from Langley Hospital, which is the nearest hospital to you. Is that okay?"

" Yes."  Jason picked up Adrienne bridal style and headed out the door with Diane hot on his heels. " Grab a sheet or something to cover her up."

Diane grabbed what she needed with the quickness as she was eager to get Adrienne some help. They covered Adrienne with a sheet. " I'll drive babe. You got to pull it together for Adrienne, Okay? Do as the doctor says" Jason encouraged as they both bolted down the stairs and out the door.