Chapter 17

Omniscient P.O.V

" You have been ignoring me all day." Diane said softly as she put damp clean clothes into the dryer. 

Jason was close by sitting at the kitchen table with a glass Hennessy at his finger tips. Jason normally doesn't drink. In fact if someone offered him a drink he would say he didn't drink, but today was one of those days. 

" I wasn't trying to." He said truthfully as he took a sip from his glass. Jason could see Diane from where he sat through the threshold of the kitchen and laundry room. He could see the worry that was etched on her forehead as she put a new load of clothes into the washer. He couldn't help but to admire curves and assets as she bent over to pick up a basket and put it back on the shelf.

He got up and walked up behind her wrapping his muscular arms around her. He could never stay mad at her. He actually forgave her as soon as he laid his eyes on her that morning. Diane was tense under Jason's arms as she folded clothes.

" Why are you so worried baby? I'm not leaving you or nothing."

Diane tried relaxing a bit once she realized how tense she was. " I expected you to leave . I push and I push, but you are still here. It amazes me every time."  Diane stopped folding and sighed, She turned around to face him while he continued his embrace. 

" I have to tell you something and how I say it you might not like" she confessed. Seeing the severity of her tone, Jason loosened his embrace to give her his undivided attention. 

" When Adrienne's father was here and I was about to...'

" I don't want to listen to this. We already talked about it. I get it we weren't together" Jason interrupted as he stopped his embrace and tried to walk away. 

Diane stopped him by grabbing his hand. " Please, I need to get this off my chest. Just let me explain... Please"

Diane felt like this was a the right time to express her feelings and she felt like this was the only way she could explain why she blew up the other night.

Jason turned back towards her and folded his arms mentally preparing himself for what she was going to say.

" When Andre was over here, I only wanted to do what I felt was best for Adrienne. She loved her daddy so much and the only way I could get him to see her was if I did something for him. I thought what would make this time different. Grant it had been over a year since he touched me but I've been in his entanglement  since I was 13 years old. What difference would it make? I didn't care about the degrading things I've allowed to happen in the past. I only cared about my baby. She deserved a father. But as soon as he touched me... Kissed on me. I started crying." 

Diane took a breath and wiped the fallen tears that streamed down her face. Jason face has now softened and his arms rested at his sides.

"But I wasn't crying for me. I was crying for the person that I realized I was in love with. I don't know what I would done if Adrienne had not walked in But I wish I could go back and change it for everyone's sake. Instead of embracing the love I felt for you, I push and I  push. Now my kids love you enough to want to call you daddy and you love them as if they are yours. And Honestly I'm Scared. I am so scared."

" Scared of me ?" Jason asked

" Scared of the love you have for me. I have hurt others just as much as I've been hurt. That's what hurt people do." Diane confessed.

" I'm not perfect either Diane. I'm far from it."

" You wouldn't hurt me."

Jason didn't like that Diane put him on a pedestal.  He chose to disregard her last statement and embrace her in a much needed hug.