Chapter 56

Excuse Mistakes.

Adrienne (First Person)

Empty

I feel like someone empty the clip on me.

Raining fire bullets that are two fast to dodge

First you rape me. You made me feel small and afraid to open my mouth.

Not only did you cause physical harm ,you made it impossible for me to look at myself in the mirror and say I am Beautiful. That bullet left permanent scars all down my body.

Bullet number two almost took me out. The very body you tried to hurt tried to save me as my body tried desperately to fight infections from your attack.

Blood clot after blood clot. Blood transfusion after transfusion.

I am Butchered. I am battered.

Then there's the stray bullet of realization that I may never feel again.

I may never feel the pleasure of my lover but mentally and physically.

Then you have the nerve to take my baby away from me.

The same baby that would have given me the chance to break generational curse. It was going to end with her, starting a new life where pain wasn't in her DNA.

Empty the clip. You took everything from me.

Omniscient

" You'll regret not holding her, Adrienne." Diane spoke softly through her tears.

Their hospital beds were put close together giving them easy access to each other. After the whole ordeal with Max, doctors came to the conclusion that incubative treatment is not working. Max had held the bab's incubation tube that helped her breathe for way too long causing the little lungs she did have to collapse. Although the doctors were able to resuscitate, the doctors believe that she would not be able to sustain life for much longer.

Adrienne just laid in bed . She hadn't said much since waking up from her medical induced slumber.

" How about you two think of a name for her? Have you thought of one?" Adrienne glanced over to Derek who was close by just to see he was already looking her way.

Derek had no problem holding their baby. In fact it gave him a sense of calmness through the pain of grieving.

" Sign a birth certificate just to sign a death certificate next" Adrienne sighed bitterly as she closed her eyes. She grabbed hold onto Derek's hands to let him know she was talking to him. " You name her and I'll sign."

Diane tried to give the baby to Adrienne so she can have some time with her but Adrienne refused.

" Look at me baby, I know this is hard. Believe me, I get it. I've lost a baby too. But Adrienne, you have a chance to give this baby girl all the love before she leaves this earth. Just because she's only a baby does not mean she can't feel it." Adrienne looked down and cried as she took in her mother's words.

"Holding her, caressing her precious cheeks, counting her little fragile toes, will give you closure. I know it will. " Diane cried with her daughter, feeling her pain. If anyone could understand Adrienne's pain it was Diane. Unfortunately when Diane lost a baby years ago, she couldn't hold nor could she see her baby since she lost her baby at 12 weeks.

This time when Diane tries to hand her the baby, Adrienne reluctantly accepts. She takes a deep breath in and looks down at her. The baby's skin was shriveled and red wrapped in a pink and blue blanket. Her features were a beautiful mixture of both her and Derek. Her eyes, although they were closed, Adrienne could tell they looked like hers and her mothers, A trait seemingly trickling down to the first borns. Everything else mirrored her father Derek, which gave Adrienne a slither of hope in thinking that she was a fighter like her Father.