Chapter 57

Excuse mistakes

Chapter 57

A couple Weeks Later

Dathan, Shuga and Chloe

Obsession and vengeance has consumed them and swallowed them whole. How can a human being cause harm to another human being and not feel remorseful? An innocent human being was lost over greed, selfishness, and psychotic revenge.

" Was this shit worth it?" Dan spat at his sister, not believing lengths his sister and his niece went to cause harm to Diane. " Hmm? What the fuck did that girl do to deserve this? And for you to get her mental sister involved? Better yet, how did you know about her sister?"

Dan began to rant as he looked on at his family that he loves in disgust. " I didn't know that any of this shit was going to happen." Shuga was careful not to throw her daughter under the bus but she was being honest. Her strong dislike for Diane trickled down to her daughter, who obsessively wanted to be at the center of attention in every aspect. She's hoping that her daughter didn't know that those boys rape Adrienne for her own piece of mind. In Chloe's words she wanted to show Derek how much of a slut Adrienne was. It was a delusional plan that backfired.

Dan laughed as if it was funny. " Oh you didn't know this would happen? You wonder why people say don't speak ill of people to your child because then they would grow to resent them. I blame you Clare. All this is on you. If only you'd forget about Andre and Diane long enough to love yourself then maybe your soul wouldn't be as rotten as a decaying mule"

Clare looked down at her fingers as she listened to her brother's disappointment. " You're just going to let him talk to you like that, mom,"Chloe scoffed. She got up from her seat and walked towards her uncle.

" Listen uncle, we can't control what other people do. The words Rape Adrienne Scott never crossed my lips. I never said to kill her baby. It just happened that way. Call it fate or Call it karma but what we're not going to do is pretend like they didn't have it coming. Mom, didn't you say they took money from you? Didn't you say you lost deals because of her? And let's not forget Andre beat you then got you fired from the club because of her? What about your marriage Uncle, Didn't she run her mouth to Ashley?"

Dathan looked down at his niece in utter disbelief, she wasn't the little girl she thought she was. " How many times are you going to let them win?

All of a sudden they hear a loud bang. " What was that?"

" Get down!" Dan shouted as bullets blasted through the windows.

__________

"Are you comfortable?" Diane asked as she tucked Adrienne into her newly built bed. Adrienne was just released from the hospital after going through rigorous medical treatment and surgery. After giving birth vaginally, she went into immediate surgery after passing out. She also went through loads of testing to figure out how and why her labor accelerated the way it did. Dr. Moore immediately took action as promised and fired the Doctor who signed off on the drug and the nurse who left medication in reach of Max. Although it hasn't been confessed, everyone believed that Max put more medicine in Adrienne's I.V. without anyone noticing. Max, however, is in Jail for murder of Adrienne's baby. Unfortunately, they couldn't get her to confess to anything else.

" Yes, mama. Thank you." Adrienne snuggled into the fresh sheets and sighed. It felt weird being in this room, her new home. While in the hospital, Jason and Diane thought it would be best to move into a new house. A house that was bigger to accommodate their large family, and away from drama and potential threat. Diane still owned the house despite her owning this new home with Jason.