~Tokoyami~ In Wait

Requested by: DragonGirlLife

(Y/n)'s POV

  "Katsuki?" I asked, red eyes looking at me from his phone.
  "Hm?" He hummed, a tired look on his face.
  "Wanna have a movie night tonight? We haven't gotten much time outside of class and it would be great to relax some." I offered, and he nodded. Truth was, I needed away from Tokoyami. It was hurting my heart to think about liking him, more than what I felt for Bakugou. But in the past few weeks, the blond had become distant to me. He was grumpy, and was closing me off. Loving looks came from both, but those loving looks from my gothic classmate also went to another girl. Tsu sat next to him, both chatting softly from their bus seats as we rested from a hard day of training. Bakugou huffed softly, as if contemplating.
  "Sure. I'll leave the door unlocked, just make sure you knock first." He said, and I nodded. I wasn't going to question his roughness in front of everyone, for the sake of us and them. But I shook of the unsettled feeling in my stomach as we got off the bus, going with Sato and Sero to help cook dinner. Sero and I talked of supplies for future meals, as well as older homework and what we missed. Soon we were full and content, and I dozed off to the sounds of Shoji and Tokoyami's deeper voices as they talked. Soon I lazily made my way to Bakugou's room, perking up at a sound. As I opened the door, I was filled with horror. Bakugou was hunched protectively over a very naked Uraraka, red eyes narrowed and lips pulled back in a slight snarl until his eyes met mine.
  "(Y/n)!" Uraraka squeaked, and my bottle of emotions shattered.
  "You've got to be fucking kidding! Bakugou you fucking asshole! This is why you've been pushing me away, so you can cheat?!" I screamed, holding back my tears as I let rage break through. Bakugou heaved himself up, clad in only his sweatpants.
  "Oh like you haven't been doing the same! Don't think I don't see the looks and extra touchy shit you do with Tokoyami! It's obvious that you're head over heels for that bird brain!" He snapped back, and I growled.
  "I do that with everyone, Bakugou. Are you blind? You know what, fuck you! We're done! Have fun with your new girlfriend, I hope she fucking cheats on you." I said, grabbing and slamming the door hard enough to hear the wood snap. I clapped a hand to my mouth as it sank in, Kirishima poking his head out of his door.
  "Wait, (L/n)?! But... Who-" He asked, pointing to Bakugou's door. I shook my head, walking away. I knew it wasn't right, but he was the only person I wanted right now. My mind raced as my heart broke, and I rapidly knocked on Tokoyami's door. The darkness of his room felt welcoming as I saw him, eyes widening in concern.
  "Hey, are you alright?" He asked, coming and holding my shoulders softly. I shook my head, meeting his eyes and immediately beginning to break down more. He pulled me in, turning the light on and closing the door behind him. Plush, soft blankets met the back of my short clad thighs, and I gripped my sides.
  "Why?" I asked myself softly, wondering if it was something I did. Something to make him not want me.
  "Why what, dove?" Tokoyami asked, the pet name snapping me from my thoughts.
  "Bakugou... He... With Uraraka." I managed to mumble between sobs and hiccups. A disapproving sigh came from Tokoyami, almost angrily. He cupped my cheek, his other hand petting the top of my head before pulling me to his chest as he stood in front of me.
  "I've got you, (Y/n). Don't hold it in, I'm here." He said, letting me cry it out on him. Soft words of reassurance and comfort calmed me, as well as the delicate touches to my skin.
  "Why me?" I asked softly, looking up at him when he hooked a finger under my chin.
  "That's not for you to worry about, alright? If he doesn't want you, then he's missing out on the most beautiful and pure thing this planet could grace us with." He said, and I cocked my head.
  "What do you mean?" I asked, eyes uncontrollably fluttering closed as he wiped my tears away. He kneeled down, holding my hands and giving me a look that was full of love.
  "You are incredible, (Y/n). You find the beauty in almost everything, and look past a person's outward appearance. You're beautiful, and I can say without a doubt that I've never seen anything more captivating than just the simple smile you give me in the mornings. It may not be the time or place for me to say, but I would give anything to wake up to that smile next to me, and to steal those little kisses when no one's looking. (Y/n), I've only ever held back because I want you to be happy. Even now, I will stand in wait for you, but just know that I'm here for you, always." He said, rubbing my hands with his thumbs. His feathers laid back, eyes giving me a gentle look as I took in his words. A tinge of happiness made my tears happy as my crying slowed, and I pulled my hands from his, cupping his cheeks. His smile grew hopeful, and I took a shaky breath.
  "Fumikage, I like you too. I have for a while, but I didn't know how to feel, or what to do. I'll need some time before we do anything officially, but just now that you've got me, too. Thank you." I said, and he pressed his beak to my cheek in a mock kiss.
  "Of course dove. I'll wait as long as you need."

~Some Amount Weeks Later~

  "Did you any Tsu ever date?" I asked, looking to Tokoyami.
  "No, but I did ask about you a lot." He replied, and I giggled. I reached up and kissed his beak, hearing a soft chirp from him.
  "Alright, lover boy. Want some tea?" I asked, and he nodded.
  "I'd love some, thank you love." He said, and I kissed Dark Shadow's cheek as I walked past. I was met with the sight of Bakugou, as well as flowers. A bitter taste made me narrow my eyes, and he looked to me.
  "I mean to apologise, (Y/n). What I did isn't forgivable, I know.... But I really want to try again." He said, and I shook my head.
  "You lost your chance when you didn't chase me down after that night to explain yourself, Bakugou. I will only forgive you when you can regain my trust as a classmate and as a friend, but I have moved on from you. I hope you understand, but I'm with someone who communicates, and I'm happier. So, I hope you do the same, and that you and I can get on even grounds again." I said, grabbing Fumikage's tea and my own snack, giving him one last look before walking back out to Fumikage.
  "Are you alright, my love?" Fumi asked as I sat down, and I smiled at that. I had found that Fumi was more in tune with one's emotions than Bakugou, and it was a nice change of pace.
  "I'm okay, just getting my thoughts through to Bakugou." I said, leaning into him as I settled back down. He gladly took the offered bite of my snack, letting me watch as he scrolled through his phone.
  "Well, I'm here if you need any more than that." He said, a protective arm wrapping around me as said blond walked out of the kitchen, eyes scanning us before he lumbered off.
  "He's alright. Just making sure he has my understanding. Thank you though, babe." I said, hearing a happy chirp leave him again.
  "I apologise for the noises, love." He mumbled, making me giggle.
  "No need, chirp to you heart's content. I think it's adorable."
  "Then I guess nature's song has proven worthy?"
  "Always."