~Bakugou~ Equal

(Basically the festival, same fire and wings)

(Y/n)'s POV

  "Entering with a explosive attitude, Bakugou Katsuki!" I heard Present Mic announce, and I took a deep breath. I stood on the opposite end of the cement ring, watching as Bakugou made his way up. We locked eyes, staying that way as the crowd went silent.

"Y'know, I'd usually feel bad for burning someone, but I'm sure you'll feel nothing." I said sarcastically, knowing that it would amuse him. Sure enough, his signature smirk appeared.
"Glad I get to fight someone who gets me." He said, and the match began. Running at him, I pinpointed movement with his right arm. He swiped up, a blast coming for me. I leaped up, beating my wings once to evade.
  "C'mon Bakugou! You going easy on me?!" I taunted, landing. He growled, running at me. I giggled, waiting till the last second. I threw a flame as a distraction, spinning and grabbing his wrist. He blasted my back, which didn't effect me with two layers on. I kicked his leg, throwing him to the ground. He roared, trying to grab at me.

  "Damn!" He shouted, blasting more. I tucked my wings in, staying low as he blasted overhead. Smoke hung over us, and I sensed him. I whipped around, just in time to jump away from his sneak attack. Right as he landed, he did the unexpected. He blasted, hitting me. I yelped, but got up. Our fight was mostly tagging, and a few close calls to stepping out of bounds. Soon he had gotten me worn out, himself also panting. I was sore, muscles screaming with just the effort of standing. Just like when he fought Uraraka, the crowd disapproved how harsh he was on me. I spoke up, using what was left of my energy.
  "He's not going hard on me! He knows we are of equal powers, and he knows how much I can take. I am not weak! So if you think that he's putting too much pressure on me, then you can find the exit! I know I'm probably not going to win this, but I know I have fought my hardest with someone who is greatly underestimated. He will make it to the top, because he knows what he's doing. Say what you will, but I know what he's aiming for, and I respect him for that." I said, promptly collapsing. I sighed, satisfied with myself as the crowd cheered. I waved my hand, and Midnight took over.
  "Bakugou will move on to the next level!" She said, or something along the lines of that. I was exhausted, but looked up when I saw I shadow over me. Bakugou shooed away the med bots, doing yet again, something unexpected. He kneeled down, sliding his hands under me, and picking me up It took everyone by surprise, and I just smiled.
  "I've got her. You're welcome." He barked, and carried me off.
  "So, you do have a heart." I teased, relaxing in his arms. He huffed, shooting me a look.
  "You're ridiculous sometimes." He said, and his eyes relaxed. I could tell I had gotten on his softer side, smiling.
  "And you still like me anyway. Y'know, I wasn't lying about anything I said." I stated, and he smiled softly.
  "I know. You're never one to lie, and you're right, I still like you." He said, and I blushed as he looked at me. It was a side I never saw from him, but I never wanted it to go away. Soon we reached the nurse's office, and I waved.
  "Sorry to bother you, Recovery Girl. Our match was a bit hardcore." I said, and she beckoned us in. Bakugou layed me down on a bed, sitting in the chair next to me.
  "You're not bothering me. Besides, you're not the worst I've seen." She said, rolling over in her chair. I took my uniform jacket off, seeing a huge hole in the back, and looked to Bakugou.
  "You're destructive." I teased, and he took it.
  "If you wouldn't mind, could you take the undershirt off?" Recovery Girl asked, and I nodded.
  "Not a problem." I said, and Bakugou looked away. I smiled, then grunted at my back. She healed me up, patching up the areas she couldn't heal.
  "Now, all I can do is wrap you up, but I have given away the last of my spare shirts." She said, and suddenly a weight was on my shoulders. I looked over, seeing Bakugou without his jacket. I giggled at his defensive expression, putting the jacket on.
  "Thank you ma'am!" I said, and she waved. We slowly made our way back to the stadium area, and I felt my exhaustion grow with the healing.
  "You should've stayed in with the nurse. You need to rest." Bakugou said, and I yawned.
  "I know, but I want to see what I may be up against later. Besides, I'm fine." I said, and his arms snaked around my waist, holding me up.
  "Rest. I'll catch you up." He said, bending down and picking the rest of me up. I smiled again, and laughed at the amazed look of Kirishima and Denki as he put me down next to him.
  "Hey guys, did we miss anything?" I asked, giggling as Bakugou poked my cheek, making me rest my head on his shoulder.
  "Nope, but apparently we missed.... Whatever's going on here." Denki said, gesturing to us. I snickered, then yawned. I laced my fingers with Bakugou's, nuzzling into his neck. He relaxed, moving only a bit so I could get comfortable.
  "Feeling better yet?" He asked quietly, rubbing my hand with his thumb.
  "Yeah, just tired. Wake me if something too interesting happens." I replied, closing my eyes.
  "Okay. Rest (Y/n), I'll be right here if you need me."