~Shoji~ I've Got You

Quirk: Hellflame

User has the ability to spew fire from their skin. If used too much, they can over heat. They are only immune to their own fire, regular flames can burn the user.

(Y/n)'s POV

  "Shoji! Open your arms, keep them still!" I said, riding on his shoulders. We were doing a two mile long obstacle course, full of traps and of course, obstacles. I teamed up with him for a few obstacles, agreeing that we could still race each other after.
  "Why?!" He asked, then saw the cliff up ahead as he ran at full speed.
  "Trust me!" I said, and he did, jumping. I blew huge billows of flames beneath us, keeping us up in the air. Shoji didn't move a muscle, and I leaped off as he landed on the other side. I readjusted my mask quickly, taking off as fast as my legs would allow. Shoji wasn't far behind, his strength and size made him as fast as my smaller form. I leapt over the rock, landing easily and coming up on my other classmates. Bakugou flew over the obstacles with ease, Deku, Todoroki, and Froppy on his tail. I quickly made it through crawl sized tunnels, and soon could see the end. My lungs began to burn from the effort and no rest, my body heat high. My mask was blocking proper intake of air, and the world began to move. I fell over the finish line, catching myself with my arms. Ragged breaths left me, and I still couldn't breathe. Suddenly an hand gently grabbed my shoulder, and I looked up to see Shoji.
  "You alright?" He asked, and I shook my head.
  "I'm... Hot.... Can't breathe..." I rasped, and he nodded. Suddenly I had a dome of his arms around me, leaving enough room to breathe. He looked down to me in the dark place, a knowing expression on his face.
  "Take off your mask, I'll keep you cool and hidden. I promise I won't look, okay?" He said, and I nodded. He looked away, and I pulled my mask down. Cool air flooded my lungs, and I finally caught my breath. My body cooled down, and I pulled my mask back up where I wanted it, sighing.
  "I'm okay now..... Thank you, Shoji." I said, and he put his arms down. The corners of his eyes crinkled with a smile, and he offered a hand to help me up.
  "Of course."

~Later~

  "Going so soon?" Mina asked as I walked off, dinner in hand.
  "Yeah, I'm gonna go eat." I said, yawning.
  "One of these days we'll see what's under that mask. As much as she's really sensitive about it, she'll take it off at some point." Denki said, and I sighed. I eventually got to my room, closing the door and taking my mask off. I smiled happily at the sight of food, digging in to the delicious meal. Soon after a knock got my attention, and I put my mask back on.
  "It's open!" I said, and the door came open. Shoji stood in the doorway, hands fidgeting nervously.
  "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked, and I nodded, beckoning him over. He sat on the edge of my bed, eyes on the floor.
  "What's up?" I asked, scooting closer.
  "I uh..... I wanted to ask you, as much as it's an uncomfortable topic.... Why you wear your mask. It's okay if you don't! But I was just curious." He said, and I sighed. I thought for a moment, looking to him.
  "If you tell me why you wear yours, I'll tell you." I said, his blue eyes looking at me.
  "I..... Grew up in a place where "my kind" wasn't exactly accepting. They hated people with quirks the affected their appearance, and.... I also scared a little girl with my looks when I was younger.... The tears running down her face was the very reason I vowed to never make someone cry again, and kept my face hidden." He said, and suddenly my reason just sounded dumb. I got closer to Shoji, putting my hand on his. He took it, rubbing my hand with his thumb as he looked to the ground again. A familiar sadness of my own reflected in his eyes, my connection with my friend now much deeper than it had ever been before.
  "When I was younger..... I had gotten into an accident. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I remember hitting my face. When I had finally healed and left the hospital, I went to school. Suddenly my appearance was hideous, friends left, and other kids bullied me for the scar I had. They told me I looked like a freak, or like the makings of a villain. So I covered it up, just so I wouldn't have to go through the same thing again when I came here. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true." I explained, pulling my hands back into my lap. Suddenly a finger lifted my head, and I was met with determined and angry blue eyes.
  "That's not ridiculous at all. I understand where you're coming from, but I want you to know. They don't define you. Your scars are the things you keep from surviving, and learning. Don't hide your face because someone told you it's something stereotypical, okay? No one will judge you here, and if they do, they'll come through me first, understand?" Shoji said, still holding my chin. His voice was still as quiet as ever, but had a rough, protective edge to it. His words washed away all the pain from the past, and tears brimmed my eyes. I nodded, and he cupped my cheek. I leaned into it, and he tensed, obviously new to this sort of touch.
  "I understand..... And just know that you won't scare anyone. You may be intimidating so some, but if they can't see through to your heart of gold, then they don't deserve you. You can keep the mask on, but I want you to know that there's nothing that could change my feelings about you." I admitted, leaning in and hugging him. He hugged me back, and I leaned back.
  "You can keep yours on, too. I don't want you to be pushed to do something you don't want to do." He said, and I smiled.
  "Yeah, but it's about time this mask gets put away.... It's been a long time." I said, pulling it off. Shoji's eyes went to my scar, one that went from the top left area above my lip, zigzagging down to the bottom corner of my chin. My cheeks flared red, still a little insecure about it. A finger slowly traced its way down the softened skin, and his fingers pulled down his own mask. A small snout was revealed, with a long mouth and a small scar on the right, kind of like mine.
  "You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen." He said softly, and I felt along his mouth. In incredible amount of admiration and love flooded me, and I couldn't stop grinning.
  "You're incredibly pretty, Mezo." I said, and he chuckled. I couldn't stop myself from leaning in slowly, testing the waters.
  "You're amazi......" He trailed off, leaning in and kissing me. I smiled, running a hand through his hair.
  "You're amazing too, Mezo." I said against his lips, and eventually we got back up. He still stayed in his mask, not as ready as I was. I reassured him that it was okay, and he reassured me once more that the class wouldn't judge me.
  "Woah, (Y/n)!" Kirishima said, and suddenly the class gathered around. I held onto Shoji's arm, and he kissed the top of my head through his mask.
  "Woah! You look so badass!" Sero said, and the other complimented me. I thanked them, still blushing.
  "Damn, that scar looks pretty epic." Bakugou said, and my confidence flew. Getting any sort of good feedback from the meanest person in class always made me feel so much better, and soon enough I was tearing up against.
  "Alright, alright, give her some room guys. She deserves it after such a bold thing." Shoji said, and they went back to their places.
  "Thank you, honey."
  "Anything for you, my love."