~Tokoyami~ Deepest Dark

(WARNING: HELLA ANGSTY)

Quirk: Hawk
User has wings like a bird, as well as some of their senses. Instinct is rare with this quirk, but can be inherited.

(Y/n)'s POV

  "Get down!" I screamed, spreading my wings and covering the classmates closest to me. Once again the villains were attacking U.A, ambushing out of nowhere. A blast had left a hole in our class, and we looked to our teacher for command.
  "Get out of this class, group up with other classes!" Mr. Aizawa shouted, and we ran. Adrenaline coursed through my veins, keeping my legs pumping. I couldn't fly because the closed space, resorting to leaving my wings tucked tightly against my back.
  "(Y/n)!" Tokoyami shouted, and I pushed towards the back of the class. Todoroki and Shoji held up the back as well, Midoriya and Bakugou in the lead.
  "What is it?!" I asked, running at the very back. He ran next to me, alert.
  "What about Mr. Aizawa?!" He asked, and I thought.
  "He ordered us to go, he knows what he's doing!" I said, and he nodded. We rounded the corner, and suddenly everyone came to a stop. I turned around, and saw villains. The closed us in, guns in hand. Todoroki was quick to move, icing them up before they could move. Popping told me that Bakugou had it handled, and double doors caught my eye.
  "Everyone, get to the gym!" Shoji said, and they began going through the doors. I held on to Tokoyami's arm, halting as we made it in. More villains surrounded us, two of our staff knocked out on the floor. I quickly counted thirty people, sixteen had weird guns. I snarled, opening my wings. Bakugou took off, and the rest of the class followed suit. I took off, wings beating hard. I took out those without guns that I could, and made sure my classmates wouldn't be taken off guard. One had a gun aimed at Tokoyami, and I tucked my wings in fully. I dropped, fear pulling at the realization that I wouldn't make it in time.
  "Tokoyami!" I screamed, and he turned. Dark Shadow flew forward, but not fast enough. The villain shot him, and he fell to the ground. I slammed into the villain, running. I slid up to Tokoyami, and he coughed, eyes wide with panic. Dark Shadow writhed, reflecting his host's feelings. I scooped him up, pulling Dark Shadow along. Only three of the villains were left in the gym, so I needed to find a safe spot for the time being. I took them into the locker room, and Tokoyami looked frantically to his shadow. The bullet left no mark on him, no signs of blood.
  "No. Nononononono. Please!" He said, and Dark Shadow slumped, falling to the floor. I went over, looking over them.
  "What's happening?" I asked, watching as Tokoyami's hands shook.
  "That bullet..... It's killing him. No, we can fix this, we can fix this." He said, Dark Shadow grabbing his hand. He smiled, color fading.
  "It's okay Fumikage. You're strong, aren't you?" He asked weakly, and I stepped back, knowing what was about to happen. Fear and sadness clawed at my chest, tears welling up in my eyes. I knew there was no way to fix this, Mirio showed us that.
  "Not without you." Tokoyami replied. Dark Shadow shook, growing weaker.
  "You're stronger than the both of us combined, you hear me? Be the hero you're destined to be.... For me, and for you, and for (Y/n)." He said, looking to me. I came closer, confused but didn't care for what reason. Dark Shadow grabbed my hand, placing it on Tokoyami's.
  "I'm not gonna lose you..... I can't lose you.... You're my family." Tokoyami said, and Dark Shadow smiled, shaking slowing.
  "I'll still be with you, always. I love you, my brother." He said, and slowly melted away in a cloud of smoke. All that was left was the sword necklace he had decided to wear this morning. Tokoyami's eyes stayed where he was, wide and overflowing with tears. He picked the necklace up, cradling it.
  "No..... No!" Tokoyami shouted, and I wrapped my arms around him, holding him close. I couldn't push my own emotion away, a soft sob escaping me. Erratic breaths left him, his body collapsing against me. His hands gripped at the fabric of my shirt like a lifeline, and he broke down against me. Tears fell from my eyes, and I wrapped my wings around him. We just stayed like that, feeling like the world had stopped. The sound of footsteps snapped me into a protective alertness, relaxing when I saw Shoji. His eyes locked with mine, and with a silent nod, he left the room. After what felt like hours, I managed to calm myself down, pulling back and cupping both sides of Tokoyami's face.
  "Hey, look at me. Fumikage, breathe." I said softly, his eyes finding mine, full of an overwhelming sadness. Tears kept falling, his breath hitching every few breaths. His feathers layed down, almost flat against his head. I rubbed my thumbs across his feathers, wiping his tears. His hands shakily held my forearms, and he managed to take a deep breath, letting it out slowly.
  "I.... I lost him.... (Y/n).. He's-" He said, cutting himself off with a sudden sob. I hushed him, resting my forehead against his head. His hands went through my hair, gently grasping it.
  "I know. I know. I know how much you're hurting, Fumikage. So all I need you to do is breathe, can you do that for me?" I asked, and he nodded. That made him focus more on his breathing, until soon enough he was calmed down enough to listen. I helped him up, holding his hand. He put the necklace in his pocket, looking to me.
  "We should go make sure everyone's okay." He said, voice soft and small. We walked out, seeing a few classmates. Shoji looked at me, his look asking if we were okay. I nodded, looking around.
  "The others went to make sure the school was okay. We stayed just in case anyone was nearby." Shoji said, and I nodded.
  "The school is okay now?" I asked, and Sero nodded.
  "They announced an all clear. We're gonna stay grouped here until one of the teachers come to us." He said, and I nodded.
  "Was anyone else hit with the bullets?"

~A Few Hours Later~

  "(Y/n)? What're you doing here?" Tokoyami asked, in his night clothes. His feathers were messy, a very exhausted look on his face. I had told the news to Present Mic, and he told us that the school would be shut down for a while, and to collect ourselves in the time we had.
  "After today.... I figured it's best that both of us aren't alone." I said, and he nodded. He let me in, sitting at the edge of his bed.
  "How're you doing?" He asked, watching as I sat next to him.
  "I'm okay. Utterly exhausted, and emotionally drained. You?" I asked, and he sighed.
  "The same." He said, chuckling softly for the first time today. It quickly disappeared, and I slipped my hand into his. He held it, allowing me to rest my head on his shoulder.
  "It's been a long day for all of us." I said, feeling him nod.
  "For some reason.... I feel... Calm? I guess I just haven't internalized it all yet." He said, sighing. After a moment I crawled under his sheets, holding the blanket up. He smiled, crawling under with me.
  "Well, when you do, I'll be right here." I said, feeling him stiffen up as I got closer. His red eyes looked at me, and he relaxed.
  "Thank you, so very much." He said softly, pressing his beak to my forehead in a cute mock kiss. I smiled, cupping his cheeks and kissing the end of his beak.
  "Of course, Fumi. I'm always here for you." I said, snuggling closer. Lifting the blankets slightly, I put my wing over him, the other resting cozily behind me. I put my arm under his, rubbing light circles on his back while nuzzling his chest. He sighed softly, legs tangling with mine and his head lightly pressing the top of my own. His arms held me, breathing rhythmical and calming.
  "You're the light in my dark, and the love flowing through my veins, (Y/n). I really want you to know that I adore you with my whole being, even if you don't feel the same." He said, and I laughed softly.
  "I love you like my wings in the summer breeze, Fumi." I stated, feeling his chest rumble as he chuckled.
  "You're amazing." He said, and I snickered.
  "You too, pretty bird. Now sleep, you really need it." I said, reaching up and playfully tapping his beak. He laughed more, then began to drift off, breathing slower and deeper.
  "Goodnight.... (Y/n)..... And Dark Shadow.... Who's watching over us." He said softly, and I smiled.
  "Goodnight Fumi, and to our dark guardian angel."