~Bakugou~ Another Year

(Y/n)'s POV

The morning had started hours ago, the sun shining over a busy city. But for once it was slow in the house, Katsuki's sweatpants hanging loosely on my hips. I sat at the table, cleaning the rubble and grime off the two grenade-shaped gauntlets in front of me. I then tucked them away in the closet, on the rack where Katsuki liked them. He had come in late last night after a rough patrol, leaving everything to be taken care of in the morning. He had been exhausted, eyes barely open and he shared the shower with me. I smiled as I remembered the smile on his face when he laid next to me, clad in only boxers and on the verge of sleeping. His sign of content as I played with his hair, his hands around my waist. I broke myself from my thoughts as I pulled the cinnamon rolls out of the oven, cleaning and setting the table and getting Katsuki's presents ready. I then walked into the bedroom, smiling again at the sight before me. Katsuki's arms were wrapped around my pillow, his face nuzzled into it. The blankets sat on his waist, the sun showing off his sculpted back and arms in a golden glow. I sat down next to him, running my fingers through his hair. He stirred a little, leaning into my hand. I kissed his cheek, watching as his eyes began to open.
  "Good morning, my love." I said softly, his vermilion eyes looking up at me. A small, sleepy smile crept onto his face, his hand leaning the pillow to lazily wrap around my waist.
  "G'morning. Mmh, what time is it?" He asked, moving my pillow so I could lay down with him.
  "It's almost eleven. I wanted you to sleep in. It is a special day, after all." I replied, and he smiled.
  "What day is it, babe?" He asked, and I laughed.
  "It's your birthday, 'Suki. That means I get to spoil you all. Day. Long." I said, punctuating each word with a kiss. He laughed softly, pulling me to him. His lips were soft against mine, the warmth of his body making me melt as it always did.
  "Oh yeah? I know a way you could spoil me." He teased, hiking my leg onto his hip. I laughed, breath hitching as he kissed down my neck.
  "That sounds like a wonderful idea, baby. But, your breakfast will get cold." I said, feeling him place one last slow kiss to my collarbone.
  "Breakfast?" He said, and I nodded.
  "It's not the most lavish meals, since I don't have your cooking skills, but it's just for you." I said, kissing his nose. His fingers drew shapes on my back, trailing up to my scalp.
  "I don't deserve you, you're too sweet for me." He said, and I smiled as I stood up. He sat at the edge of the bed, hands never leaving me as he hugged me to him.
  "As if. You deserve the world, and more." I said, kissing his forehead. A few minutes later we were at the table, plates empty and bellies full. I then went to the couch as he put up the plates, grabbing the presents.
  "What's all that?" He asked, coming to stand next to me.
  "Well, some of your old classmates couldn't get off time to come give you presents themselves, so I've been collecting them for the past few weeks." I said, and he raised an eyebrow at me.
  "Where the hell did you keep all these?" He asked, looking over my shoulder.
  "A magician never reveals their secrets. Who's present do you wanna open first?" I asked, having him sit on our loveseat.
  "Surprise me. Damn extras, giving me all this shit." He said, and I laughed.
  "They just want you to know that they love you. Here, this is from the gang." I said, and he read the label. It read -From Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari, and Mina. Happy Birthday Blasty!!!
  "Those idiots." He said, opening the box. In it was a pair of black Crocs, complete with Dynamight decorations and little silver chains. I laughed as he looked at the shoes in disgust, nose scrunching up.
  "Kirishima said you didn't have to wear them. But, he did say you have to keep them so that all of you would have Crocs together." I explained, watching as he set them aside like a soggy napkin.
  "Good, because those are horrifying." He said, making me laugh as I decided on the next present.
  "This one's from Tsu and Uraraka." I said, seeing the green and white wrapping on the box. He took it, undoing the wrapping in a neat fashion. - Tsu and Uraraka: To the #1, hope you like it! In the box was a bottle opener, with customizations. It had both our names on it, and it was decorated with simple crystals.
  "Huh, that's not bad. They've got taste." He said, and I smiled.
  "They thought you'd like it." I said, and he set it aside with the Crocs. Creme colored wrapping caught my eye, and I picked it up.
  "Creati? I swear she's obsessed with that color." Katsuki guessed, and I nodded before walking over with it.
  "She said you'd been looking for this, so I'm kinda curious." I said, resting my head on his shoulder as he opened it. It was his favorite tea, something he got imported but could never find.
  "Fucking finally, I've been looking for this shit everywhere." He said, and I laughed. I got up again, pushing the presents closer to the love seat.
  "I'll tell her that you said thanks. Oh! Looks like this is from Shoji and Tokoyami! I haven't seen them in a while." I said, grabbing the black box. Those two were close friends of mine, but they'd been away on their honeymoon for the past month.
  "They sent this from Cancun? Huh." He hummed, opening the box. In it was two slips of paper and a note.
-To Bakugou and (L/n)
Thank you for being such wonderful friends. We appreciate everything you did to make sure our wedding went as smoothly as possible, and maybe one day we can do the same for you. In the meantime, we hope you'll enjoy these. We already got permission from Bakugou's agency, so please take the time to spoil yourselves, you deserve it. We love you both
         ~Mezo and Fumikage Shoji.
  "Katsuki, these are tickets to Cancun! They're to the resort you wanted to go to!" I said, seeing a smile on his face.
  "Those two just never stop, do they?" He said, and I hugged him from the side.
  "It's booked in July! God, I've got to call them when they get home!" I said excitedly, and he laughed.
  "There's more in here, babe." He said, pulling out two silk robes... As well as matching lingerie.
  "Fumikage, you sneaky little shit." I said, and Katsuki let out a scheming laugh.
  "I see what 'spoil yourselves' means now. I think this might be the best one." He said, and I smacked his arm lightly.
  "Only because of that. You won't get to see it until we're on the trip, my love." I said, and he looked at me in shock. I smiled, seeing his mock pout turn into confusion.
  "Wait, how did he know-" He began to ask, and I cut him off.
  "I went out with him and Mina and found it. They must've noticed that I liked that set. Just like Mina knows the robes are your favorite color." I explained, and he shrugged.
  "They've got taste, for once." He said, and I nodded. He neatly folded everything back up, putting the tickets on the fridge with a magnet as I picked one of the last presents.
  "Hey, this one's from Midoriya. Looks expensive." I said, handing it to him as he sat back down.
  "That damn nerd, it's probably something I'm not gonna need either, watch." He said, tearing the green wrapping off the present. Inside was an All Might figurine, with his Young Age costume. Katsuki's eyes widened, and I smiled.
  "Not something you're gonna need, huh? Oh, hey, look at the cape. Midoriya said there's something with the cape." I said, watching as he delicately picked it up. On the back of the cape was a signature, All Might's.
  "That fuckin nerd. Where the hell did he gets this? This hasn't been in stock anywhere in years." He said, and I shrugged.
  "I don't know, he didn't tell me. Do you like it?" I asked, seeing his cheeks and the tips of his ears turn red. He turned away, sighing.
  "Yeah. But don't say shit to that green haired idiot. He'll never shut up." He admitted, and I kissed his cheek.
  "My lips are sealed, baby. Now, there's one last present." I said, pulling out the small box that's made my heart race for weeks.
  "Saved the best for last, huh?" He said, and I smiled.
  "Sure did." I said, letting him open it. Inside the box sat two rings, a silver one that had the silhouette of trees on it, another a simple band wrapped in black, orange, and green. He looked up at me with an unreadable expression, and I smiled.
  "Are these... Promise rings?" He asked, and I nodded as I bit my lip.
  "We've been together awhile now... So I figured that maybe we could go public? I know you've been waiting to say something for a few months now." I said, and he smiled, standing up.
  "You're fucking incredible, (Y/n). God, I love so much." He said with an excited laugh, wrapping his arms around me. Relief flooded my body, and I couldn't stop the happy tears as he kissed me with urgency.
  "I hoped you'd like them." I said, feeling his hands cup my cheeks and wipe my tears.
  "What're the tears for?" He asked, and I laughed.
  "I just... I'd been holding onto these for weeks... I didn't know how you'd react." I said, and he shook his head at me.
  "You think I'd be pissed over rings? Who are you and what did you do with (Y/n)? Did working out with me knock something loose in here?" He teased, knocking gently on my head. I laughed, letting him pull me in for another kiss.
  "Do you like them?" I asked, and he nodded.
  "Yes, I do. Now, put it on me before I put it on myself." He said, and I laughed. I put the one with the trees on his finger, and he put mine on.
  "I also got a chain for when you're working. Mezo says he uses the same brand and it hasn't broken yet." I said, showing him the black chain in the box. He smiled, kissing my hand where the ring is.
  "Thank you, for all of this." He said, and I smiled.
  "Of course, my love. Happy birthday."

~Two Weeks Later~

  "How was the flight home?" I asked, hearing Mezo groan in the background of the call.
  "Long, and cramped." Mezo replied, making me laugh.
  "I told you to get first class, lovely. It has more room." I replied, fixing the sheets on the bed.
  "In all fairness, we did have the seat by the emergency door. But there was an elderly lady who needed room for her oxygen machine so when moved for her and her husband." Fumikage explained, the sound of a car door closing coming through the phone.
  "That's sweet of you both. Well, it sounds like you both just made it home, so I'll let you unpack and relax. Oh hey, does dinner this weekend sound okay? I need to hear about this trip of yours." I said, hearing the wheels of their suitcases rolling.
  "Sounds good to me. What about you, darling?" Mezo asked, yawning soon after.
  "Of course, my dear. We'll see you this weekend then, my friend." He said, and I smiled.
  "Alright, I'll let Katsuki know. We can decide on a restaurant after you both get some rest. Love you both." I replied.
  "Love you too, (Y/n)." They both replied, laughing at how they said it together.
  "Oh, (Y/n)." Mezo said suddenly.
  "Hm?" I hummed, hearing him laugh softly.
  "We need to go ring shopping soon, if you're gonna seal the deal with Katsuki." He teased, and I put my face in my palm.
  "Go unpack you dorks!"

(Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating in a while, I've been really busy with stuff so I'm trying to write when I can. This probably isn't my best fic, but since it's Bakugou's birthday I couldn't resist. Thank you for being so patient lovelies ❤️)