~Shoji~ Shells

Quirk: Vampire
Much like Stain, when the user bites someone and ingests any amount of blood, the victim is made motionless. The effect lasts depending on blood type, shortest being O- for five minutes and highest is A+ at ten.

(Y/n)'s POV

  "Do you have any plans today?" Shoji's deep voice asked from beside me, a small yawn stretching his mask. I yawned too, getting to a stopping point on my phone.
  "Not any that I know of, what's up?" I asked, looking to him.
  "I heard that there were a few new shops in the strip where the girls drag us to, I figured we could go while we have the day off and check it out. That's if you want, of course." He offered, and my stomach rumbled at the thought of the delicious meat shop I always went to. Now, I'm not like the fantasy vampires in the movies, not even close. The sun doesn't bother me at all, nor does garlic or whatever else the folk tales said. I had the ability to drink blood, but I only need to if I'm very injured since it helps me heal. Instead it's mostly just eating more meat than the average person. I tapped a fang with my tongue, nodding with a smile.
  "I'd love to! Just let me change clothes and grab some money." I said, and he nodded. Soon we were in town, and I took in the many smells of foods and scented candles in the stores.
  "A jewelry store?" Shoji stated, cocking his head.
  "Wanna check it out? It's new." I asked, and he shrugged.
  "Sure." He replied, and I grabbed his hand. Most would assume we were dating, as much as we held hands. But unfortunately we weren't, this was our own little thing, a way to not loose each other in the crowd since Shoji's quirk could only work so much with that many distractions. I ogled the shiny chains and gems, Shoji pointing out some as well.
  "You two lovebirds looking for anything particular?" A lady asked behind the counter, a beautiful smile on her face.
  "Oh, no ma'am. We're just looking through, thank you." Shoji said, and my cheeks warmed up a little at the fact that he didn't dismiss the lovebirds comment.
  "Of course! Just let me know if anything catches your eye." She said, winking at us and shuffling through some unopened boxes. We kept looking, and suddenly something did catch my eye, a beautiful bracelet. I sighed in disappointment at the high price tag, and Shoji cocked his head slightly as he saw my gaze. He then looked to the lady, and she looked to him as if she felt his gaze.
  "I think we found something." He said, a a beaming smile coming from her. My head whipped around to look at him, his calm gaze unchanged.
  "Mezo! Did you see the price tag?" I asked in a hushed yet panicked voice, and he nodded.
  "You're eyeing it, so I figure I'll get it for you." He said, walking up to the register. I followed, antsy as he paid.
  "But, that's more than your school allowance!" I said, and he chuckled softly.
  "I have more money than my allowance, (Y/n), it'll be okay. Besides, it was made for you." He said, putting it on me. My cheeks warmed up again, and the lady laughed softly to herself.
  "Here's the receipt, darling. I hope you two have a lovely day." She said, and he nodded.
  "Thank you! Now I feel like I need to get something to return the favor." I said, Shoji laughing again as we walked out of the store. His thumb toyed with the bracelet as I held his hand, brushing my skin a little as well.
  "Don't worry about it, let it be a gift." He said, and I smiled. We got some lunch as well, Shoji watching with amusement as I hungrly ate the delicious steak from my meat place. We both laughed a little as I fed his little dupli-mouth a bite, someone's two little kids from a table near by joining in our antics and feeding the mouth some of their cotton candy before their mother called them back with a loving smile to the both of us. We began walking not too long after lunch settled, and the crowd began to change. People began to clutch their bags closer to them, or eyed Shoji in a disgusted or fearful manner. His hand gripped mine as he had me walk closer to him, an uncomfortable look in his eyes. I squeezed his hand comfortingly, running a finger delicately across the back of his hand. We ducked into a quiet antique store, a new store that took up the big grocery place that was here before. We looked around, no words between us as I let him diffuse from outside. I knew the noises and other senses could be overwhelming, but add in the looks from people and what he could hear them say... He could easily get overwhelmed. As we rounded the corner, we were met with the sight of a large group of people. They seemed to be having some sort of meeting, in a circle. They had a figure of a person on the backs of their jackets, the words "ONE KIND" in red on top, "ONE SPECIES" in white on the bottom. One of them noticed us, anger filling his features.
  "This is Arrow territory. What are you freaks doing here?!" He barked, the rest looking to us as we stood. Shoji sucked in a breath, eyes on all of them as he began to have us slowly back up.
  "We didn't mean to barge in, we were just about to leave." I said, thoughts spinning. The front door was the only way out.
  "No mutant is allowed in this area, they are impure and inhuman." Another said, and I put myself in front of Shoji as he kept moving slowly towards the door.
  "We won't come back, we promise. Just let us leave." Shoji said, nervousness in his usually calm voice. This was a very dangerous situation, one with little options. Fighting would only cause damage to those who are mutants, the media depicts it as a mutant attack no matter the evidence, unless it is video proof. It would also get us in trouble as rising heros, fighting without a proper license and with quirks, no less. Running and evading was the only good option to have.
  "No. Impurities like you must be made clean. People like you must also be cleansed, for you stand with them. Get them, my Arrows." An older looking man said, and many of them surged forward. I bared my fangs, doing a low hissing noise that was normally found as intimidating. Someone threw a punch as they ran up out of nowhere, a sharp object cutting my cheek. I yelped, kicking them back.
  "She's one of them!" Someone shouted, and Shoji shoved my behind him.
  "Go! I can hold them back while you get help!" He said, and I tried to push myself back in front of him as he pushed and tossed many of the Arrows to hurt them as little as possible.
  "No! I can't leave you here!" I said, biting a person and letting them fall to the ground. Shoji looked to me, worry in his eyes.
  "Get out of here, now! I'll be fine, just go!" He roared, shoving more of them away. I forced myself to swallow my fear as they tried to pin him and attack, nodding and running as fast as my legs could.
  "Help, someone help! Please! Help please!" I screamed, two heros running up to me in gear. One was a low ranking hero who's name I didn't remember, the other was the well known Kamui Woods.
  "What's wrong?" The hero asked, and I waved them along.
  "Me and my friend were attacked by some anti-mutant group in the antique store, he's in there by himself and trying not hold his own against a group of maybe thirty people. We are students of U.A, but do not have the license to properly do anything in this situation." I explained, and Kamui nodded. We broke through the gathered crowd that couldn't help, and I was horrified by the sight that I was met with, instincts kicking in. One of his dupli-hands was cut off, blood soaking multiple spots on his clothes. They were pulling at anywhere they could grasp, including his mask. I rushed forward, unable to stop my body.
  "Hey!" The hero yelped, and I bit hands and I began to rip people off of him.
  "Get away from him!" I shrieked at the top of my lungs, Mezo's eyes filled with fear. He couldn't pull away from them, petrified as his abused body was pulled in every direction. Some broke off to try to get me, when Kamui's quirk went straight to action and pulled them away and kept them from running. A haunting scream of pain and absolute terror bellowed from Mezo as a hand gripped hard at his face, ripping his mask into pieces and the fabric snapped off of his face. Sharp teeth came into view, a larger than usual mouth only visible for a second. The rest of the Arrows were pulled away by Kamui, Shoji dropping to the ground and gripping his face with his hands. I ripped the zipper of my jacket that protected from the sun down, pulling his head to me and covering his head with my jacket to hide him. His breathing was erratic, body shaking and he pressed his head to me. The other hero got the crowd to leave, only keeping a few witnesses for a police report as sirens wailed. Kamui gathered the Arrows, counting them all.
  "You're okay, you're safe now. I've got you, I've got you. Breathe, Mezo. I'm right here, just breathe." I said calmly, despite the trembling of my hands and fast thrum of my heart. A kid, most likely around six or seven, waddled over, and I recognized her as the little kid from earlier. She held out a scarf, a small smile on her face.
  "Momma said to give you this, she said to thank you for saving us too." She said, and I took the scarf. I gave her a bright smile, as I learned from training to do to show that I wasn't scared or worried.
  "Thank you very much, kiddo. Tell your momma I said thank you." I said, voice as level as possible.
  "Okay!" She said, skipping off to her mom again. I leaned down slightly to Mezo, running a hand through his hair and keeping him covered. I only looked into his eyes, never breaking eye contact as to not look at his face. He had told me why he wore the mask, and I respected his privacy no matter how much he told me his reasoning was "dumb". I only saw a glimpse when it was ripped off, and I kept my peripheral vision blurry. Tears left wet trails down his cheeks, eyebrows still somewhat knit but his breathing was more even.
  "Here, let me put this on, okay?" I asked, and he nodded. I tied it off on the back of his head, and he adjusted it. I took his hands as I kneeled down in front of him, assessing his injuries. Many cuts lined his arms, a deep gash slowly bleeding on his right bicep. One of his hands had an iron grip on the one that was cut off, and I cradled his cheeks. He was now avoiding my eyes, my attention now on the person walking up behind me.
  "We have a report, we'll contact your teachers of we need you. He needs to get medical attention, an ambulance will be hear in a minute." Kamui said, and I nodded.
  "Thank you, sir."

~Time Skip~

  "(L/n)." Mr. Aizawa said, and I looked to him from my curled up spot in the windowsill. It had been three days since the incident, Shoji hadn't left his room once. Tokoyami was the one who offered to bring him food, and each time he told me he hadn't spoken a word.
  "Yes sir?" I asked, letting him sit in front of me.
  "What you did a few days ago, was a perfect example of being both a rising hero and an actual hero. You made a split second decision, and got help in time to make sure Shoji was safe. But whatever else happened that day, it scared him. But here's the thing. I've seen how you two interact both in class and on the training grounds, your connection is close. So, if anyone is going to talk to him, it should be you." He praised, and I nodded.
  "Of course, sir. I just... I've never seen him this way before. He was terrified, and I'm not sure how it would've ended up if I hadn't gone with him." I admitted, putting my back to the sunset outside the window. I felt a hand on my shoulder, my teacher sighing softly.
  "Don't worry about the ifs, (L/n). You did everything you thought was right. If you need another day off, I'll have Momo help you with the homework." He said, patting my shoulder softly before lumbering off. I took a deep breath, going up to Mezo's room and knocking on the door.
  "It's open, Tokoyami." Mezo's voice said tiredly from inside. I cracked the door, poking my head in.
  "It's me, can I come in?" I asked, hearing some shuffling.
  "Sure." He replied softly, and I walked in. The sunset left lines on the ground through the blinds, Mezo's cot a mess of blankets and pillows. He sat in the middle of it, hair disheveled and mask wrinkled. His eyes were tired, dark circles under them. A silky looking shawl flowed over his shoulders, which were slumped forward as he slouched. A few strands of hair sat over his face, and he avoided my gaze as I sat down in front of him.
  "You don't have to talk, Mezo. Just know that I'm right here if you need me. And if you want me to leave, then I will. I just don't want you to be alone." I said softly, moving the strand of hair from his face. He looked to me, tears welling up as his eyes met mine. He pulled me to him, every arm holding me close in a tight hug. His face was buried into my neck, a shuddering sigh leaving him.
  "I should've never asked to go. We shouldn't have- I shouldn't have put us in danger. I'm sorry. You must think I'm some sort of-" He sputtered, and I pulled back, cupping his cheeks.
  "Monster? Mezo Shoji, I see you no differently than I did before. You are still the same selfless, caring, and understanding person that I hang out with every day. You saved the both of us, Mezo. And regardless of what you may look like, I will always love you for who you are in here." I said, poking his chest. He looked to me, his hands coming to mine and fiddling with the bracelet.
  "You... Love me?" He asked, voice hushed yet hopeful. I smiled, kissing his masked nose.
  "Isn't it obvious?" I teased, getting a little chuckle from him. He pulled me close again, my forehead resting up against his. I put my arms around his neck, and he ran his hands up and down my back.
  "Seriously, do you love me?" He asked, and I washed away his insecure tone.
  "I love you, Mezo. Inside and out." I said, and he pulled down his mask.
  "I love you too, (Y/n)." He said, pulling me in for a kiss. It was soft, and his little puffs of air between kisses were a cute sound to hear. My fingertips felt his healing cuts, kisses becoming hot and heavy. His hands held my sides as I felt his skin, and little waves of pleasure rippled through my skin as his hot breath trailed over my neck. Feather light kisses trailed down my neck, and he let his last kiss linger at the curve of my neck. I perked up at the sound of his deep breathing, seeing a saddened look on his face.
   "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, hearing him sniffle. He kissed me again, caressing my cheek.
  "I'm so glad that you're okay. I don't know what I would do if you ever got hurt by my decisions." He said, making me sigh.
  "None of it was your fault, Mezo. You did what you could, and made me do what I thought I couldn't. If anything... I should be then one feeling bad, you almost got torn apart trying to save us." I said, feeling the scratches on his face. He took my hands, pulling me close again and pressing more kisses to my neck.
  "My love, don't feel bad. I'm fine, and I've had worse before. We're safe, just like you told me." He said, making me smile.
  "We're safe, that's all that matters.