~Shoji~ Pain

(Y/n)'s POV

  "This is not a drill! Get down now!" Present Mic shouted, his usual bubbly self now stern and serious. I hunkered down, as did half of the class. The other half was with Mr. Aizawa, split for easier teaching while we were short staffed for a few days. Sirens wailed for a minute, setting me on edge. I thought of Shoji, and remembered where he was. My hands shook with adrenaline, and a hand lightly grasped my arm. I looked over to see Sato, and I relaxed my tense muscles.
  "It's okay, they'll have it under control in no time." He whispered, and I nodded. Aoyama shook fearfully, and I slowly went to him. I knew he was remembering the attack in the woods, and I grabbed his hand. His eyes found mine, tears welling up in them. I looked to Mic, who watched the door cautiously. I once again thought of my boyfriend, knowing he was being the ears.
  "It's okay Yuga. I'm right here, you're safe." I reassured him, sitting down. I moved his hair from his eyes, rubbing the back of his hand.
  "I-I-I.... I can't breathe." He said, and I rubbed his back.
  "Focus on me, okay? Breathe with me." I said, taking deep, slow breaths. Eventually I got him calm, and it was completely silent. I heard footsteps outside, making the hairs on my arms stand straight up. I crouched in a readied position, keeping the rest of my classmates behind me. I swallowed my panic, listening to the sounds around me. It got quiet, but I didn't drop my guard. Half an hour passed, noises everywhere but none came to the door.
  "This is Aizawa Shota, the villains have been contained. All Might will come to your class when it is clear." Our teacher announced. A collective sigh of relief left the class, and I relaxed. Fifteen minutes passed before the Symbol of Peace made his way to our class, and I immediately began searching for Shoji. The other were in the classroom, but no sign of Shoji. Adrenaline once again went through my veins and I looked around.
  "Where is Shoji?!" I asked Kirishima, trying to keep my panic away.
  "I didn't see him when the sirens went off. He must be in one of the other classrooms." He replied, my brain going into a frenzy. I barely registered Principal Nezu announcing that the school was safe again, my heart beating loudly in my ears as I ran through the halls, checking every room. I stopped when I heard a sound, softening my heavy pant. The sounds of sobs filled my ears, and my heart skipped a beat in both relief and fear as I recognized the owner. It was a break room, small and destroyed. In the middle of it all... Shoji. At his feet was someone, drenched in blood. Two of his hands were covered in it, and his eyes were filled with pain and fear. Another sob left him, and I rushed over.
  "Shoji! Are you hurt?" I asked, snapping him out of whatever he was thinking. He looked to me, then suddenly backed away.
  "Please! Don't come closer! I don't want to hurt you!" He pleaded, voice broken and his hands shook erratically. His breath rose and fell at a quick pace, and I slowly inches my way to him.
  "Hey, it's okay now.... You can't hurt me, Mezo, I know you. It's okay, baby. Let me make sure you're uninjured, okay?" I asked, still inching closer.
  "I.... I did this. I killed him... I didn't mean to." He whimpered, looking at the person on the floor.
  "I know you didn't do it on purpose. Hey, look at me, look at me Mezo. Breathe, just breathe." I said softly, finally getting close enough to touch him. I cupped his masked cheeks, making me his focus as I wiped his tears away. I moved his hair from his face, looking into his eyes. He took attempted breaths, getting down to a fast but better pattern. I softly told him that he was okay, and that he just needed to breathe.
  "What in the hell happened here?!" A voice said, sending Shoji into another panic attack. I looked over to see Snipe, who was taking the scene in. I then looked back to Shoji, running a hand through his hair.
  "Mezo, listen to me, listen to my voice. You're safe now, I'm here. I've got you, it's okay." I said, getting him to look at me again. Tense muscles relaxed ever so slightly, and he began breathing deeply to calm down. I kept my hands in his hair and cupping his cheek, knowing my touch would ground him.
  "Is he okay?" Snipe asked, and I nodded.
  "He's got a few cuts, but he's gone through something." I said, and he nodded.
  "Get him to Recovery Girl. I'll sort this out." He said, and I nodded. Snipe knew Shoji, since the school had decided to have a day to get to know the teachers more, and they had a good connection.
  "Thank you." I said, helping Shoji up once I knew he was okay. Recovery girl fixed him up, and two other people sat in the room while I cleaned him up.
  "What happened to him?" Bakugou asked, icepack on his forearm.
  "Not the time to talk about it, Bakugou." I replied, wiping Shoji's face. I got what cuts were left from Recovery Girl's treatment, and got the blood off of his hands.
  "Is he alright?" Todoroki asked, and I looked to Shoji. He nodded, staying silent. I made him lay down after I was done, sitting on the bed and putting his head in my lap. I hummed songs softly, running my hands through his hair and relaxing him as much as I could. I knew his mind was still racing, because he normally would've fallen asleep. The silence was broken by the door opening, revealing Mr. Aizawa. His hands were wrapped in bandages, and a patch sat on his jaw.
  "(L/n), Shoji. Come with me." He said, and I nodded. We got up, and I held Shoji's hand. His breathing was shaky, and I myself was slightly nervous. I was ready to defend him, and when we got to a room there was Snipe.
  "Come sit, you two."

~Later~

They let Shoji go, having to make up an explanation for the student's parents. They understood that the student was under control from a villain, and cornered Shoji. Shoji explained that their quirk was fear, and that caused him to act without thinking. He was defending himself, and he couldn't remember his strength.
  "What fear did they put in you?" Snipe asked, and Shoji looked to me.
  "It was her..... Being captured and tortured by the villains. She wasn't close so I went into a panic, and when that student tried to attack me with those knives, I forgot my own strength." He said, looking back down to his shaky hands like he did when I found him. I grabbed his hand, giving him a reassuring look. An audible sigh left Mr. Aizawa, and he hunched over.
  "It was an act of self defense. I'm going to ask you to stay under the radar for the next week, just in case this, along with a few other things in the school, find themselves on the news. (L/n), I ask that you stay with him for the time being..... Help him work through today." He said, standing. I nodded, and we were told to go to the dorms with the others. I got him to his room, letting him grab spare clothes to shower.
  "What's up with him, (Y/n)?" Mina asked, and the class looked at me in curiosity.
  "I won't give you the details, but he's had a traumatizing day." I replied, and they nodded in understand. I was informed that two other students had been severely injured, and Ectoplasm had to go to the hospital. With that, I stayed in earshot of Shoji outside the guys bathroom, and walked with him to my room.
  "Thank you, (Y/n)." He said as I took his dirty clothes, putting them in my hamper.
  "Of course, baby. Are you hungry for anything?" I asked, sitting next to him on the bed.
  "A little." He replied, and I stood.
  "What would you like?" I asked, and he thought.
  "Anything, but... Let me go with you." He said, and I mentally slapped myself for almost leaving his side.
  "I'll just text Kirishima and have him bring something up, sound okay?" I asked, and he nodded. Ten minutes later, a knock got my attention. I got up, opening the door to reveal Kirishima with two plates of steaming door in hand.
  "I got forks too. If you guys need anything, I'll be downstairs." He said, and I nodded.
  "Thank you, Kiri." I said, taking the plates.
  "No problem, I'm always willing to help a friend in need." He said, making me smile some. He waved before leaving, and I gave Shoji his food. He ate slowly, probably not feeling hungry but needed to eat anyway. Eventually he was done, still silent. I went to him after setting the plates to the side, holding his hands.
  "Mezo, you can talk to me. You know I would never judge you, nor would I ever see you differently for anything you do. I know you're hurting, and I don't want you to be alone." I said, taking his mask off of his neck. Tears began to fall down his cheeks once more, shaky breaths following.
  "I killed someone, (Y/n)..... I felt his skull crack in my hands, heard his last breath. I was responsible for taking his life..... But what image he put in my head... That's what made me terrified." He said, and I cupped his cheeks. I could tell that he wanted to get it out, his body less tense as he put some of the dreadful weight on my shoulders. I let him, knowing we can both work through it.
  "What did he put in your head?" I asked, seeing his blue eyes water up more.
  "It was Shigaraki...... And the league. They had you chained to the wall, beaten.... Used.... And I couldn't do anything to help you. And when Shigaraki put his hand to your throat, I snapped. I didn't know where you were, and I needed to protect you from that image. I was so afraid.... So when he attacked, I didn't think.... When I realized what I did, it was too late..... I'm sorry.... I'm sorry.... I'm sorry." He broke, and moved into his lap, pulling him close. Tears brimmed my eyes, now fully understanding why he felt so shaken.
  "There's nothing to apologize about, my love. You were blinded by fear, that's human nature. None of this was your fault, the villains are to blame. And listen..... You tried to protect me. If I was in your shoes, I would've done the same thing. It's what we do, we protect each other." I said, kissing his cheek. All six arms were around me, and his head nuzzled against mine. I could hear him taking deeps breaths, and suddenly....
  "What're you laughing about?" I asked teasingly, and he pulled back to look at me. He wiped my tears, and I got rid of his.
  "You never cease to remind me of how much I love you. You always show me a light in the dark." He said, kissing me softly. I smiled, then attacked his face with kisses. He laughed joyously, and I giggled happily at my accomplishment.
  "I love you too, Mezo. Nothing will ever change that."