~Shoji~ Don't Let Go

Quirk: Sonic Boom
User can manipulate their scream to make shock waves that can echolocate, or cause damage. Lasts as long as the vocal cords do.

(Based off of Hero's Rising. Sad warning)

(Y/n)'s POV

  "Go, we've got this!" Ojiro yelled, and Shoji nodded. He grabbed the kids, and we began to run. I had found them after being forced away from the fight against the chimera guy, barely in fighting condition. I ran with a painful limp in from of Shoji, guiding the way. Suddenly I heard a sound, looking behind me.
  "Get down!" Shoji shouted, blocking a hit from the villain's quirk. He blocked more hit, dropping the kids and falling to his knees.
  "Shoji!" I yelped, immediately going over and helping him up.
  "Take them, get out of here." He begged, and I cupped his cheek. The pain was evident in his eyes, his arms limp at his sides.
  "I am not leaving you. Kids, run. Go as far away as possible, before it's too late!"

~A few painful minutes later~

  "Look out!" I yelped, seeing boulders raining down on us. Shoji suddenly wrapped his arms around all of us, shielding us with his body. He immediately went limp, and I caught him.
  "Shoji!" I said, throwing the rubble off of us. I layed him down, checking to make sure he was okay. He was breathing, and his head wasn't bleeding, making me breath a sigh of relief. A small hand tapped my arm, and I looked over.
  "Miss (Y/n), I can heal him!" Katsuma said, and I nodded.
  "Do it, please." I said, looking at his closed eyes.
  "I've got you." Mahoro said, cradling his head in her small arms.
  "C'mon Shoji, we need you." I said, looking to the battle. Midoriya and Bakugou were holding the villain off, but to no avail. Soon they were held by some monsterish looking quirk, slowly getting crushed. I rooted for them silently, knowing I couldn't take the villain for even a second.
  "Mister Deku! Mister Bakugou! You can do this!" The kids yelled, to my absolute horror. The villain looked to us, murder in his eyes. He was as beaten up as the two he held, buy acted as if nothing hurt.
  "Ah, there you are." He said, adrenaline now running through me more than it had been all day. My leg gave out as I attempted to stand, body feeling like it was going to break. Panic filled me as I tried desperately to get, only one option coming to mine. Finally forcing myself to stand, I put myself in front of the three, looking straight into the villain's eyes as if I wasn't afraid of anything. I gathered all the air my lungs could take in, letting out the loudest scream I'd had. The ground tore in front of me, but the villain didn't falter in his slow stalking to where we were. I coughed as a sharp pain erupted in my throat, the raw and hot feeling leaving me gasping for air. I fell helplessly to the ground, watching with nothing I could do as death neared with a lumbering walk. Suddenly Bakugou and Midoriya were on the ground, running full force at the villain with power I'd never seen. Angry dark storm clouds began to gather, the clouds spinning above the fight, and cyclones formed over the rest of the island. Rocks and debris flew around, and I got to the kids. I put my arm over their heads, my other arm holding Shoji.
  "Stay low, they've got this. They'll defeat him." I said, hoping that was true. Their fighting was a blur, lighting, rain and debris blocking any view. Suddenly there was a hole in the dark grey clouds, and there stood the two, victorious. I looked to Shoji, hearing a sharp inhale. His eyes fluttered open, immediately finding mine. Relief was so overwhelming that tears once again formed in my eyes, and I bit my lip.
  "(Y/n), what happened? Is everyone okay?" He asked, sitting up. I tackled him in a hug, ignoring my injuries.
  "Mezo!" I said, voice coming out very broken and raw. A sob left me as my mind realized that I could've lost him, soon leaving at the feeling of his arms wrapping around me. His breaths against my ear were something I'd never thought I'd find so calming, and he slowly rubbed my back.
  "I'm right here, I've got you." He said, sitting back up with me. His hair was messy, dirt and sweat still had nothing against how pretty he was. As I pulled back, the utter exhaustion and raw love in his eyes made my heart thrum ever so much in my chest. He wiped away my tears, giving me a smile that showed in his eyes. In the heat of my emotions, I pressed a kiss to his mask. A heavy, relief filled sigh left him, and he kissed back.
  "Aw!"

~Skip To The Boat Ride~

  "Well, this was quite the trip." I said, waving goodbye to Mahoro and Katsuma. Mezo waved as well, looking to me.
  "You could definitely say that again. I don't know if I've even been this sore." He said, letting Mineta slide down his back to the floor.
  "Well, that's only your fault for overworking yourself while helping rebuild. But it was worth it." I said, getting a chuckle from him.
  "It definitely was. I'm exhausted, and hungry." He yawned, stretching.
  "Well, go shower. Let me guess.... Takoyaki?" I asked, hearing him chuckle.
  "Please, if they have it." He replied, and I snickered. I pulled him down to my height, kissing his cheek.
  "Of course, love."