twenty-five ~ i heard a rumor

Harry's POV:

Harry's POV:

     To say Hogwarts had become less inviting since Cass's expulsion would be an understatement. 

     She left me with a list of spells that she made before she had left to the Grimmauld Place (apparated from Hogsmeade). 

     A few days after her leave, Umbitch put up another Educational Decree. 

     This Decree, however, had been the subject of a great number of jokes in the school. 

     Lee Jordan had pointed out to Umbridge that by the terms of the new rule she was not allowed to tell Fred and George off for playing Exploding Snap in the back of the class. ("Exploding Snap's got nothing to do with Defence Against the Dark Arts, Professor! That's not information relating to your subject!")

     Every single Divination and Care of Magical Creatures lesson was now supervised by Umbridge and her clipboard. 

     She sat by the fire in the heavily perfumed tower room, interrupting Professor Trelawney's talks with difficult questions about different branches of Divination. 

     It also didn't help that one of Trelawney's favorite students were expelled (Cass, Parvati, and Lavender had always been her favorites in class). 

     I thought Professor Trelawney might soon crack under the strain.

     Unfortunately, Hagrid wasn't doing any better. He seemed to be following Hermione's advice and had shown them nothing more than a Crup- a creature similar to a Jack Russell terrier except for its forked tail. 

     He was more distant with us than he had ever been before and had forbidden them to visit him after dark.

     Umbridge was slowly depriving me of everything that made my life at Hogwarts worth living. 

     Seeing Cassidy, visits to Hagrid's house, my Firebolt, and Quidditch. I took revenge the only way I could- by putting even more effort into the DA.

     I was pleased to see that all of them, even Zacharias Smith, had been encouraged to work harder than ever by the news that ten more Death Eaters were now on the loose and that Cass was expelled.

     Many people thought it was because she knew too much about Umbridge), but no one's improvement outshined Neville's. 

     The news of Bellatrix Lestrange's escape had brought a strange and even slightly alarming change in him. 

     He had not once mentioned his meeting with us on the closed ward in St. Mungo's (and we had kept quiet about it too), nor had he said anything on the subject of Bellatrix and her fellow torturers' escape. 

     In fact, Neville barely spoke during the DA meetings but continued to work relentlessly on every new jinx, counter-curse, and Phoenix spell- what I decided to call them.