sixteen ~ party

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     When Harry confided in the three of us about his task to get Slughorn's memory, I wasn't sure what emotion to feel besides panic. 

     I couldn't help but realize how close we were getting to the Horcrux hunt. So instead of having to talk about it, I stayed silent as Ron argued that Harry would be unlikely to have any trouble with Slughorn at all.

     "He loves you," he said over breakfast, waving a fork in the air. "Won't refuse you anything, will he? Not his little Potions Prince. Just hang back after class this afternoon and ask him."

     Hermione, however, disagreed.

      "He must be determined to hide what really happened if Dumbledore couldn't get it out of him," she explained in a low voice. "Horcruxes... Horcruxes... I've never even heard of them...Cassidy? Have you heard of them?"

      I gulped as the attention was brought to me. 

      "I...Horcruxes are...I mean-?"

      "Hey!" Circe announced as she and the rest of the ghost gang came to sit with us. "What are you all talking about?"

      "Nothing," I replied before any of the trio could answer. They all looked at me confused before I spoke again. "What about you guys?"

     "Rene, here, is getting letters from an admirer," Livia muttered. "She won't tell us who it is though."

     "It's her choice whether or not she wants to tell us who it is," Circe argued, pushing Liv slightly. 

     "Epic! Look, I have to go see Dumbledore real quick," I added quickly, scrambling to my feet. "Bye!" I called out hurriedly.

     As I walked away as fast as I could, Ryder's voice say, "I'm not even going to ask."

     I don't knock before rushing into the room.

     Though there are things I couldn't tell Dumbledore about and that I didn't agree with him on, he was the only person to talk to about this whole mess.

     "Professor Dumbledore," I began as I walked in. He was staring out of the window, Fawkes let out a small hum and fluttered his wings slightly. "Professor Dumbledore...I-I don't under-"

     "Miss Winters-Black," Dumbledore interrupted me, turning to look at me. He had a smile and looked at me atop his half-round glasses. "I am aware that you are confused...and quite understandably in a predicament with your own self..."

     I gawk my mouth open and close, not sure how to respond. 

     "I just don't think I can...I don't know if I can do this, Professor," I mumbled, ashamed.