twenty-one ~ celebration

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     As January became February and the match against Ravenclaw got closer and closer, I found myself being overly cautious around the twins. Even more so when they're not around.  

    There had only been a few failed attempts such as the time a bucket of purple goo fell on the wrong person or in which Ron walked ahead of me rather than next to me, causing his books to run away from him.

     Luckily, since the match was so close, the twins seemed to have halted their prank planning.  But, as always, a new problem arose. The Thursday before the match, Harry had come up to me and Hermione in the Common room from his Patronus training and looked very worried.

     "Lupin just told me that once Black is caught he would get the Dementor's Kiss!"

     "Oh?"

     "Cass! Don't you think this is serious?!" He exclaimed. "I may not have met the guy but if you're really saying that he is innocent and is my godfather, I actually want to meet him before he has his soul sucked out of him!"

     "Harry! Don't talk so loud!" I whisper-yell at him. I pull his hand down to make him sit next to me. "Look, Harry. All I remember is that day of your divination exam, is the day we will see him." 

     Of course, I remember more, but I can't exactly mention that they use time travel or that there is a prophecy about the entire event. 

     However, my reassurance seems to work because his expression relaxes. Suddenly, we hear shouts and yells from Ron coming down the boys' staircase.

     "Look!" He demanded as he marched over to our table. "LOOK!" 

     He stopped in front of us to show us his bedsheets.

     "Ron, what-?"

     "SCABBERS! LOOK! SCABBERS!" Ron bellowed, interrupting Hermione. "BLOOD! HE"S GONE AND YOU KNOW WHAT WAS ON THE FLOOR!?" 

     He handed the cat hairs to Hermione and I cut in, "Ron, take a breath-"

      "YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN?" he said turning his attention towards me. "EASY FOR YOU TO SAY BECAUSE YOU HATE SCABBERS SO MUCH! WELL, NOW HE'S DEAD!" 

     "Ron," I began, standing up, "Don't you dare yell at Hermione then come yelling at me! As much as I hate to say it, Ron, your stupid rat is alive and well! But when I get my hands on the bloody traitor, I will make sure he stays dead!"

     I push by him and make my way up the girls' staircases.

     Ron didn't talk to me or Hermione for the next few days and the twins had given me a galleon since I won the bet. Even though the rat wasn't dead, Wormtail sure knew how to make his 'death' believable- I mean it isn't his first rodeo