eighteen ~ capture the moments

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

    The next morning, we all agreed to go visit Hagrid and Buckbeak. The wind was a curse along with the already cold winter weather. 

    I buried the lower half of my face into my red scarf and my hands were tucked under my arms. 

     "Why the bloody hell would they make a thing called Winter?" Ron was muttering as we marched into the snow. 

     "Ron, calm down," Hermione smiled, "Hagrid will probably make some hot chocolate when we get there."

     "He better," I added in though it probably sounded muffled through my scarf. 

     Once we got to Hagrid's door, Ron knocked three times, but he didn't answer.

     "He's not out, is he?" Hermione shuddered from under her cloak. Ron pressed his ear up against the door and we could all faintly hear an odd noise. 

     "Is that Fang?" He asked us. There were deep throbbing moans from the other side of the door.

     "Uh- I think he's crying," Harry answered. 

     Oh, no, Buckbeak's trial. 

     "Hagrid!" I called out. 

     There was a sequence of heavy footsteps and the door creaked open. We were met with a puffy-eyed Hagrid, tears falling down his face.

     "Yeh've heard?" He asked. 

     "It's okay Hagrid we'll figure something out," I tell him. He flung himself onto me, hugging me. The half-giant is twice my size and I was close to collapsing from the weight.

     The trio helps me by grabbing Hagrid and getting him back into the cabin. I brush off my cloak and join them.

     "So, wait, what are we talking about?" Ron said. 

     Hagrid is crying in an armchair and Harry picks up a letter. 

     "This, I guess?" Harry responded as Hagrid's cries got louder.

     Harry read aloud the letter:

     "Dear, Mr. Hagrid. Further to our inquiry into the attack by a hippogriff on a student in your class, we have accepted the assurance of Professor Dumbledore that you bear no responsibility for the regrettable incident-"

     "Well, that's okay then, Hagrid!" Ron exclaimed. 

      I looked at the redhead and subtly shook my head no and he furrowed his eyebrows before Harry continued reading.

     "However, we must register our concern and decided to uphold the official complaint of Mr. Lucius Malfoy. This matter will therefore be taken to the Committee of Disposal of Dangerous Creatures.