ten ~ professor moody

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     I walk into the room and look around. 

    The first time I had been here, I wasn't so much as concerned about the office as the person within it. 

     It was filled with paintings and pictures of previous Headmasters and filled with artifacts and clutter. It looked like a museum. 

     I sat down on the chair in front of Professor Dumbledore and he smiled. Over his shoulder, I could see a beautiful phoenix. Hello, Fawkes.

     "Hello, Cassidy," Dumbledore said.

     "Hello, sir," I responded.

     "I assume you'll want an answer as to why I've asked you to come today"

     I nodded. He smiled and his blue eyes twinkled from behind his half-moon glasses. 

     "As you are well aware I am a skilled Legilimens," He began, "When you first stepped into the Great Hall, I attempted to read your mind in hopes of seeing why I couldn't find you all those years, but it seemed as though I was blocked out."

     I furrowed my eyebrows. Why didn't he mention this the first time? What changed?

     "Now, I wondered why that was and I discovered that you had a powerful Protection Charm on you. But it seemed as though you weren't even aware of my attempts to read your mind."

    My mind whirled but I was able to follow what he was saying. Someone was protecting me.

    "I ask you, Cassidy," He started, "Do you own anything that could contain a strong protection charm? Something you keep with you at all times?"

     I cautiously brought my wrist up and pulled down my robes to show the golden charm bracelet that Vi bought me for my birthday.

     Dad had told me that it was my mother's and that somehow it was able to reach me. Was it all meant to be? Was my mother finding a way to protect me even after she's died?

     He observed it for a minute before speaking, "Did you know that your mother was a skilled spell maker? In fact, I believe that she may have even invented the spell that caused you to be placed forward in time."

     My eyes widened and I stammered, "Oh, uh, no, I didn't. I only found out Evanna Winters was my mother a year ago. My dad told me that bracelet was actually- oh my"

     "Yes, your mother's bracelet. It seems as though she put a spell or charm on this bracelet to protect you as long as you wear it," He said while gesturing to the jewelry that wrapped my wrist. "Do you mind if I kept it a little while to see how powerful the protection charm is?" 

     I felt my jaw tighten. If Dumbledore was correct, then shouldn't I keep it with me? But I also want to know the extent of the protection charm. I wanted to know just how powerful of a witch my mother was. How powerful I could be.