three ~ agreement

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     My head ached like fuck.

    Groaning I brought a hand up to my head, I slowly opened my eyes, for some reason wanting coffee.

     "Shit," I muttered. "I left my coffee on the counter."

     I thought about the mug I left at the Dursley's and frowned slightly. Then, I heard footsteps. I looked toward where they were coming from, my head still pulsing as I fully came back to focus. 

     It was dark in the sitting room and I strained my eyes to try and see the cause of the noise. After about five seconds of looking, I lit my hand, creating a light that allowed me to see the door to the garden swaying back and forth as though someone had just used it.

     Slowly getting up from the couch, I kept my hand lit as I stumbled my way out the door. 

     It was Harry, walking toward the field, backpack on and his wand in his hand. Rage and sorrow rose from within me as I saw his retreating figure.

     "Don't leave," I said quietly. At first, I didn't think he heard me but then he turned around. "Don't leave...not again"

      "Cassidy..."

      "No!" I huffed. "You left me! You broke up with me! And then you kissed me and when I get stabbed by my bat shit crazy aunt, you left me! Again!"

     "Phoenix," Harry started. "I love you, you-"

     "You just said it, Harry. I'm a phoenix! I can take care of myself!"

     "Like you did today?" Harry pressed. "You said you would promise to be careful. You know I can't lose you! Did you forget that?" 

     "Did you?! I recall promising that I would always be there for you. And you promised the same," I hissed as tears brimmed my eyes. "But guess what, Harry? I remember being alone at the tower. I remember begging you to stay. I remember bleeding out on the stone while thinking that your eyes could have been the last thing that I saw-"

     "Cassidy-"

     "What more could you say, Harry?" I said, letting out a short cry. I stumbled closer to him, my head still hurting from before and the flame in my hand extinguishing. "Harry, I love you...but you hurt me by leaving before...don't do it again."

     It was still dark now that the flame in my hand had gone out but I could tell that the guilt was getting to him now. He, too, was realizing that leaving now would only result in regret.