twenty-four ~ it's tonight

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     The match's outcome had an impact on the mood of everyone in Gryffindor. Harry was always getting pats on the back and smiles from his classmates but as June came closer, the house was becoming stressed with exams coming up. 

       Other years had OWLS and NEWTS, but us third years had exams. Everyone was constantly edgy. 

     Hermione was tireless when it came to studying and even the twins were spotted working while studying for their OWLS. 

     Percy was being more of a prick than usual while Ron and Harry were all working on their studies. 

     Hedwig had come to deliver a message one evening in the Common room telling us that the trial would be on the sixth of June- the last day of exams.

     Lots of nerves began building up in me and I spent more time using Chronika than studying for my exams.

     Stress overwhelmed me but I would rather fail a few tests than risk changing the timeline too much.  

     As exam week began, everyone became slightly fussier as the stress began to take over the students at Hogwarts. 

     Transfiguration was easy since I am fourth in my class after Hermione and two Ravenclaw students. 

     After lunch, we had a charms exam in which I felt I did particularly well since I would always practice charms back in the orphanage with sticks I found on the floor. 

     Once dinner was over, the tension continued as all the students began studying for Astronomy and Care of Magical Creatures. 

     The next morning, Hagrid gave us the easiest exam ever by telling us to make sure the flobberworms were still alive by the end of the hour. 

     That afternoon, we had the potions exam which I did somewhat okay in. My potion was just off a bit in color and the steam was coming off as a light blue rather than silver. But I also didn't mind since I knew it was my fault for not studying for it.

     The rest of the week was filled with more exams and more stress. The Astronomy exam was later that night and History of Magic the next day. Then Herbology on Wednesday and DADA exam on Thursday.

     The DADA exam ended up being a form of an obstacle course in which we encountered grindylows, red caps, hinkypunks, and a boggart. I easily passed all the creatures but when I got to the boggart expecting to see someone dead, I only saw me.

     My reflection stared at me and in the crystal blue eyes was a storm.

     There must be a mistake, I thought.

     Before I could let my mind linger on unanswered questions. I cast the ridikulus spell.

     "Amazing job, Miss Winters," Lupin complimented as I came to stand next to him.