thirteen ~ come and watch the show

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

    The next few days, the school talk was all about how Sirius Black got into the castle. Everyone had truly fascinating ideas, too bad none of them are true. 

     I heard one Hufflepuff second year say that Sirius flew to the astronomy tower, then jumped into the paintings to walk to the Fat Lady's Portrait. 

     Apparently, when she got so scared of him and ran out of frame, he wasn't able to open the door, so he jumped out of the portrait leaving it tattered and torn. 

     Then he turned a book into a horse and rode back up to the astronomy tower where he flew back out of Hogwarts grounds. This was honestly my favorite story.

     The day after the incident, the trio had confided in me about what they heard from the Professors the night before seemingly forgetting everything I said about Sirius being good.

     "Snape thinks that someone in Hogwarts is helping Sirius get in!" Ron had exclaimed.

     "How are you not concerned about this?" Hermione worried. I look up at her and the two boys. 

     I smile and say, "Because I am sure it's nothing like that." 

     The Fat Lady portrait was replaced with Sir Cadagon and his gray pony. No other portrait was up for the job, leaving us Gryffindors to deal with the obnoxious piece of art.

     It was only the beginning of November and I could already see Hermione getting irritated by the smallest things. Ron on the other hand was always whining about Scabbers being sick and Harry was stressed about Quidditch. 

     While Hermione was doing her homework in one of the single chairs near the fireplace, Ron was in the chair opposite of her, sleeping. 

     Harry and I were sitting on the couch when he said, "Professor McGonagall said Sirius Black was coming after me."

     I slowly look over at him, taking my eyes away from my astronomy homework. 

     "Harry, the only thing you should be worrying about right now is the Quidditch game, which by the way I am quite excited for!" I say happily. Harry still looked wary so I continued, "Plus if you see a big black dog, it won't hurt you. It's actually trying to protect you." 

     Hermione decided to speak at this moment and asked, "How do you know?" 

     "Why does everyone think dogs are bad? You like cats and owls, but you have something against dogs?" I ask laughing. They just roll their eyes at me.

     "Harry?" I said. 

     "Yeah?"

     "Will you play against Hufflepuff this weekend?"