fourteen ~ the tale

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     "We need to talk," Hermione said to the three of us.

     I looked at the book clutched in her hand. It was The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore.

     "What?" Harry said apprehensively.

     "I want to go and see Xenophilius Lovegood."

      "Sorry?" Harry choked out.

    "Xenophilius Lovegood, Luna's father. I want to go and talk to him!"

     "Uh...why?"

     She took a deep breath, as though bracing herself, and said, "It's that mark! Cassidy, does Xenophilius know what it is?"

     I nodded my head but didn't make a sound come out of my mouth. Of course, they had all been wondering what the mark meant but now that Hermione finally wants to go and see Xenophilius Lovegood, it wouldn't hurt to tell them now, would it?

     "The signature," said Hermione having tossed the book into Harry's lap. "Look at the signature!"

     I watched as Harry noticed Dumbledore had replaced the A of Albus with a tiny version of the same triangular mark inscribed upon The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

     "It keeps cropping up, doesn't it?" Ron said after he had looked aswell.

     "We can ask Mr. Lovegood. He was wearing the symbol at the wedding. I'm sure this is important!"

     "But don't you think if it was, Dumbledore would have told me about it before he died?"

     "Maybe... maybe it's something you need to find out for yourself," said Hermione with a faint air of clutching at straws. "That's why Cassidy can't say anything about it either!"

     "Yeah," said Ron sycophantically, "That makes sense."

     "Look," I said speaking up for the first time. "I'll just say that Xenophilius can tell you what the sign means and if you want to see him we can but..."

     "But what?" Harry said.

     "He's being threatened," I sighed. "They're using Luna as leverage to get what they want from him-"

      "Luna-?!"

     "Yes," I replied quickly. "But we can avoid any problems if we just-"

     "We have to help him!" Harry claimed. "He's being threatened...I don't care if you can tell us what the mark means, Cass, he's in danger-"

     "I think we should vote on it," said Ron. "Those in favor of going to see Love good-"

     His hand flew into the air before Hermione's or Harry's.