sixteen ~ dragon

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     After our talk with Sirius, we spent the remaining days until the first task going over the summoning spell. Harry had already mastered it so the four of us often ended up joking around in the end

     Ron and Hermione were also updated on the first task being dragons and Barty Crouch Jr. being the perpetrator of this year's tragedy. They were not exactly thrilled to hear the news of either.

     The day of the first task was filled with tension and excitement. The trio and I had entered the Great Hall to eat breakfast with the lovely melody of hissing and jeers from the other houses. 

     It was still annoying how they treated Harry but he had seemed to put on a face that made him appear unbothered. I didn't know how he did it. 

    I would occasionally reach for his hand and give it a small squeeze for encouragement. Just in case he needs it...

     "They're all saying things now but when you get past the dragon people will be cheering you on," I said while rolling my eyes at the Hufflepuffs who were whispering in a huddle.

     "Potter, the champions have to come down onto the grounds now...you have to get ready for your first task," I hear Minnie say from behind me and Harry.

    "Okay," Harry said.

    "Good luck, Harry," Hermione smiled.

    "You got this, mate," said Ron.

    "Try not to miss." I smirked before adding, "I know your aim isn't the best." 

     Hermione hit me subtly in the arm but I turned my head toward her. 

     "What the hell, Mione!?" I looked back to Professor McGonagall and said, "Minnie, please tell Hermione that it is rude to hit people."

     Minnie closed her eyes and sighed. I could've sworn she was counting backward from five. 

     Harry, who stood next to her, was pursing his lips to hold back a laugh. Ron on the other hand was not trying at all to resist the laughter.

     Once Minnie finished counting, she opened her eyes and led Harry out of the Great Hall.

     "I am pretty sure my dad asked her to marry him once," I said with a smile.

     Hermione shook her head at me while Ron continued to chuckle, coughing as he nearly choked on the toast he was chowing down on.